2012 upgradess

Jada816

Reaction score
Seeking advice. On a few parts I have purchased these and will be installing after the holidays
1. 2017 f250 turbo
2. No limit stg 2 intake
3. H&S CAC pipe with butterfly removal
3. No limit egr pass thru
4. Parts from sunrise to put turbo on minus downpipe
5. CCV REROUTE KIT
6. 2015 hpfp from member on here.

7. Ez link tuner haven't purchased but will right after Christmas.....

Should I purchase an aftermarket downpipe or use factory ford part?
Recommendations for 5" exhaust with muffler i want a quiet system until I get on it with no drone?
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Oh truck is a 2012 with 99,000 miles

Last edited:

sootie

Reaction score
go with a 42" donaldson muffler under the truck, quiet but still a straight thru design with no packing to break down over time.

you will need a different downpipe either way, either one from a 2015+ or an aftermarket. personally i dont know how much of a gain the aftermarket is, i would go with whatever is cheapest.

NCSU dirt man

Reaction score
OP just a heads up I priced a 15+ turbo swap kit from Sunrise about 3 months ago and it was a little over $1900. not bad at all IMO but unfortunately life had some different plans for that money. you may be set on something different or a more aggressive setup like the streetmax but figured i'd mention it to you in case you were pricing out options

doo dah

Reaction score
+2 on the Donaldson. Quiet in the cab and no performance difference than straight pipe or muffler. I have 5" pipe and got mine off of Ryder fleet products. Beware they are huge mufflers so you may want to have a shop put it on, I did mine myself and it rattles occasionally against the frame.

Latest posts

Members online