6.4 wastegate

corn bread

Reaction score
I have read a lot of forums but not finding really what I need. I'm installing an EDE wastegate and want to know how to run the air lines off the gate. If anyone has some good pics that would be awesome.

sootie

Reaction score
which kit is it that you have and what gate? I had the underneath mount kit from elite with the precision 46mm gate and i took boost from the cold side elbow and ran it to the top of the gate thru a regulator, loaded the gate with the heaviest spring combo (around 35psi) and left the side port open. Then monitored ebp and adjusted the gate until we were seeing no more than 68 psi of backpressure or thereabouts. it actually brought overall boost down to right around 50 psi but made more power than with the gate not opening at all.

corn bread

Reaction score
Im not running the underside kit. Its P/N: 1450001. This kit ******s the horizontal egr cooler pipe and you install the gate behind the turbos where that would have connected. I've added a fitting to the hot side CAC pipe thinking that would be the closest place to get boost pressure from. Would make a difference having it on the cold side CAC pipe? I saw the H&S diagram and thats when I started have questions on how to run the lines. The H&S says to plug one port on the lower side of the gate and leave the other side open so the diaphragm can travel freely. Then It says to just run boost to the regulator and from the regulator to the top of the gate. But the Precision manual show running boost pressure to the regulator and to the bottom of the gate using a tee fitting to split the boost line to both. would it be best to just run boost to the regulator and not the bottom of the gate. Its a precision 46mm gate btw.

Latest posts

Members online