BD Exhaust manifold kits

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the BD kit?? Seems like it may help on airflow to the turbo. For all the work that people do for a turbo swap it seems like adding a tad more $$$ change into the mix could add some decent results.

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
I'd use a stock or modded stock VGT myself. I wasn't sure if anyone went down this road with a customer or for their own truck.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
They don't make them for the 2016 i believe. Actually they make one for one side and not the other. The machine shop was looking then up and that's what they found... I was also told they don't make much difference.

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
While the 11-14 kits have been out, I haven't seen any reports of shops/people installing them. As anything with a motor increased airflow or the "smoothing" of airflow tends to help a motor.

I figured there had to be someone who dropped the 11-14 kit it with a build or when they swapped around turbos.

I've been quote happy with my 2015, just thinking of giving the OE turbo a mild mod/rebuilt figured with all that stuff off.....why not go a little deeper.

Black AOD

Reaction score
Everything exists now to do top to bottom on 6.7 motors if you choose to rebuild....

Numerous piston options, Wagler and Carrillo rod options, D&J now has a rod option with 35mm wrist pins.

Numerous head stud and main stud options, numerous valvetrain options. Several Billet cam options.

MPD makes billet girdles and main caps.

Odawgs has the ported intake manifolds and now BD has drop in exhaust manifolds.

Numerous single turbo options, compound kits, H&S has triple kits....

Modified body injectors up to 300% now exist....

So many other brands and parts that would take too long to list in here....

the 6.7 aftermarket world really has opened up a lot now.

Last edited:

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Everything exists now to do top to bottom on 6.7 motors if you choose to rebuild....

Numerous piston options, Wagler and Carrillo rod options, D&J now has a rod option with 35mm wrist pins.

Numerous head stud and main stud options, numerous valvetrain options. Several Billet cam options.

MPD makes billet girdles and main caps.

Odawgs has the ported intake manifolds and now BD has drop in exhaust manifolds.

Numerous single turbo options, compound kits, H&S has triple kits....

Modified body injectors up to 300% now exist....

So many other brands and parts that would take too long to list in here....

the 6.7 aftermarket world really has opened up a lot now.

Carrillo is about to start testing a new forged piston for street trucks. Different alloy so it takes heat cycles better. I think I know I getting the first set ever....Lead Foot Diesel has been using these manifolds a lot.

Black AOD

Reaction score
Carrillo is about to start testing a new forged piston for street trucks. Different alloy so it takes heat cycles better. I think I know I getting the first set ever....Lead Foot Diesel has been using these manifolds a lot.

I heard about that. That should be interesting.

The 2020 motors have steel pistons now too. And they utilize a 1/2" longer connecting rod since the wrist pin eye was moved on the piston. So I wonder if anyone will make the 2020 rod in the aftermarket so you could run a 2020 steel piston? That would be interesting to see.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I heard about that. That should be interesting.

The 2020 motors have steel pistons now too. And they utilize a 1/2" longer connecting rod since the wrist pin eye was moved on the piston. So I wonder if anyone will make the 2020 rod in the aftermarket so you could run a 2020 steel piston? That would be interesting to see.

Haven't heard of that yet, they are doing a hybrid kit too, moved the wrist pin location for better crank angle.

jcain

Reaction score
Odawgs have been out for quite a while.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

co04cobra

Reaction score
I wonder what the breaking point will be with the stock 2020 short blocks? On paper they “look” to be a very cost effective upgrade.

Black AOD

Reaction score
I wonder what the breaking point will be with the stock 2020 short blocks? On paper they “look” to be a very cost effective upgrade.

wondering this as well.

I heard the oil pump is external to the block now too on 2020s

jcain

Reaction score
I'm more interested in their cooling capabilities. Ie radiator sizing

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

6.7Bison

Reaction score
While the 11-14 kits have been out, I haven't seen any reports of shops/people installing them. As anything with a motor increased airflow or the "smoothing" of airflow tends to help a motor.

I figured there had to be someone who dropped the 11-14 kit it with a build or when they swapped around turbos.

I've been quote happy with my 2015, just thinking of giving the OE turbo a mild mod/rebuilt figured with all that stuff off.....why not go a little deeper.

I bought a set for my 2011. Turbo started surging/fluttering under steady throttle up a hill with or without a trailer at 52-54 mph just like it's laid out in TSB 11-12-14. So while I'm in this far replacing to an updated '14 turbo and WW2 (make fun of me if you wish) I was going to do the studs and manifolds for reliability after hearing about them being fairly common to break and hopefully some performance (wasn't too much more expensive than stock replacements). I asked BD about what to expect and got a nondescript:
"Our manifolds improve on the reliability of the Ford manifold, while improving the radius’s from each cylinder."
It will be mid June before I get them in the truck but they look good in person. I can let you know more after install. I don't think I will be able to pinpoint specifics on performance of the manifold upgrade though since I have more changes going on at the same time.

Latest posts

Members online