HI idel Mod

SAK

Reaction score
I got mine working this weekend too, I ended up using a normally closed momentary switch hooked up to acc on power so that the truck would high idle when started with the remote start. The upfitter switches do not power up until there is key on.

So I have it wired the following way:

White/Brown and Green wire hooked together with a 33k resistor. (Idles at 1040 RPM)
Acc power hooked to a normally closed momentary switch.
The momentary switch hooked up to Yellow/Green.

This allows me to put the parking break on and remote start the truck and have it high idle. The momentary switch allows me to "reset" the hi idle, since if there is any disruption (ie. take parking break off) while in hi idle you need to reset the system.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I got mine working this weekend too, I ended up using a normally closed momentary switch hooked up to acc on power so that the truck would high idle when started with the remote start. The upfitter switches do not power up until there is key on.

So I have it wired the following way:

White/Brown and Green wire hooked together with a 33k resistor. (Idles at 1040 RPM)
Acc power hooked to a normally closed momentary switch.
The momentary switch hooked up to Yellow/Green.

This allows me to put the parking break on and remote start the truck and have it high idle. The momentary switch allows me to "reset" the hi idle, since if there is any disruption (ie. take parking break off) while in hi idle you need to reset the system.

Thanks for the info, I will be doing this when I have time. Where did you get the switch and resistor at? I checked at napa for the resistor and they didn't have anything like what I was looking for. Where did you tap into for the Acc power?

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I will be doing this when I have time. Where did you get the switch and resistor at? I checked at napa for the resistor and they didn't have anything like what I was looking for. Where did you tap into for the Acc power?

you need to go to a TV repair Shop, electrical store, radio shack, or similar places like that around you.

SAK

Reaction score

No problem/

I got the switch and resistors at Radio Shack. The acc power I got from under the hood, I already had it there for my Mini Maxx and radar detector.

Stumblefoot

Reaction score
so Randall now that ya got it figured out,,how much to install on a 2012 F450 no remote start. Just to the upfitter switch. Parts & labor.. guys if I get all three C batteries in my flashlight without electrocuting myself I feel good. I just don't do electronic stuff. I'ld burn the truck to the ground.

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
so Randall now that ya got it figured out,,how much to install on a 2012 F450 no remote start. Just to the upfitter switch. Parts & labor.. guys if I get all three C batteries in my flashlight without electrocuting myself I feel good. I just don't do electronic stuff. I'ld burn the truck to the ground.

its 3 butt connectors and the resistor.

i have plenty of the butt connectors and a small piece of wire if needed. When i bought the resistor i had to buy a pack of 5. So i have 4 left.

if your wanting the 22k resistor like i have that will high idel between 1100 and 1200 rmps.

if youll bring the truck to me ill do it for you in about 5 minutes

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I finially got mine all wired up with an extra rocker switch. I jumped power from fuse 52 under the hood so it comes on with my remote start. Then just used the wiring info on this thread. Here is where I put my switch. I took out one of the 12v power ports and put it in there.
IMG_0212_zps268ee173.jpg

6.7Stroker

Reaction score
Idling up to 1,000 - 1,200 RPM when it's 15 degrees out is ok right after start-up? I know it will warm up faster... But will this cause damage to my bearings? I run 5w-40 Rotela T6 all year round with 5k miles changes.

sootie

Reaction score
its 3 butt connectors and the resistor.

i have plenty of the butt connectors and a small piece of wire if needed. When i bought the resistor i had to buy a pack of 5. So i have 4 left.

if your wanting the 22k resistor like i have that will high idel between 1100 and 1200 rmps.

if youll bring the truck to me ill do it for you in about 5 minutes

i know this is an old post but can you tell me step by step what to do? Thanks.

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
i know this is an old post but can you tell me step by step what to do? Thanks.

let me look at mine again its been a few years since I did this.

but you need a resistor

then you wire it between a certain color wire under the dash and hook it the power cable for upfitter switch #4 and that's it, then when your truck is running you engage the parking break, flip the switch and the truck will idel up to 1100 rpm. when you tap the break pedal it will cut it off and idle the truck down back to normal

sootie

Reaction score
let me look at mine again its been a few years since I did this.

but you need a resistor

then you wire it between a certain color wire under the dash and hook it the power cable for upfitter switch #4 and that's it, then when your truck is running you engage the parking break, flip the switch and the truck will idel up to 1100 rpm. when you tap the break pedal it will cut it off and idle the truck down back to normal

Thanks. i would appreciate any help i can get...

Latest posts

Members online