Smoked tails and 3rd brake light

Agjake11

Reaction score
yup thats how they get ya. reflectors. you could add 2 small strips of red relective tape ont he back and be good to go

RNicol

Reaction score
I used Rustoleum brand spray tint, and it actually was pretty good stuff. Put 2 heavy coats and a light 3rd on.. should've went darker, let them dry good ! At first they didn't lay flat at all, but after the 4 or 5 coats of clear they turned out pretty decent. :thumbsup:

chappy

Reaction score
I just used the dupli color clear . Turned out great on mine. I also wet sanded the clear coat and hit it with my buffer with a rubbing compound followed by a swir remover followed by a wax.
101_0815.jpg

101_1078-1-1.jpg

Last edited:

squeak12

Reaction score
Well, it sucks. When I sprayed the clear on them, they turned a dull, thick, ugly, horrid grey. I attempted to strip it off one light, and pretty well destroyed it. Then I got the idea of trying to polish then using the Meguiar's Headlight polishing kit. It worked pretty good on the other light, so I polished the third brake light too and resprayed the one I ruined. Will work for now...ordering new tails now.

Sounds like you sprayed the clear on too soon. It looked hazy and/or cloudy? Sometimes if your lucky, the haze goes away once the clear starts drying, but it guess that doesn't really matter anymore in your case.

03 tx pwr stroke

Reaction score
Sounds like you sprayed the clear on too soon. It looked hazy and/or cloudy? Sometimes if your lucky, the haze goes away once the clear starts drying, but it guess that doesn't really matter anymore in your case.

Yeah. Turned an ugly, hazy, cloudy greyish yuck. I ordered some 08 rears and if I decide to smoke those, I'll most likely take it somewhere and have the heat shrink tint film stuff put on em.

Latest posts

Members online