1978 F250 4x4 build thread

12stroker

Reaction score
OK y'all I have had a few years with a 1978 f250 4x4 and have just started working on this a few weekends ago agian by putting a new battery and firing it right up then finding out I needed a new carburetor.

rewind to the past: I bought this back in 2002 when I was in high school for 500 dollars and helping a man fix a fence.
I put a 6 inch lift and 44's dumb high schooler move LOL
picture0842.jpg

After having it for a while I tore it down to the frame repainted the frame, redid the axles as well. Then I found a replacement body since it was to rusted up to fix. I had to replace the cab and the bed. And this is how it sits now with just the interior painted midnight blue metallic.

fef35b2f.jpg

Its sitting at my dads shop and I have been working little by little the past few months.

The truck is like this because the guy at the local body shop had been working on it had a stroke then passed away RIP. I had to go get it then put it in my dads shop. He had it all apart painted the cab alone in primer. And was going to take everything apart and paint it then he had this happen to him. So now I am looking for a painter to work on it which is hard where my parents live. If anyone in Texas knows where anyone does full restoration jobs let me know. I have almost every single part needed that's oem ford.

Here are some photos I have

ff8a2f3a.jpg

1cff94c5.jpg

5d5a5b82.jpg

e87519e0.jpg

12stroker

Reaction score
My plans are to try to restore back to what it looked like back 1978. I am also going to lower it down to 4 inch lift. I have also started thinking about taking out that 400 and put a diesel in it but I want it to stay as much OEM as I can get.

The man I bought the truck from gave me every single paper he had with the truck.
Even the papers he had made to order it. It's crazy on how much stuff he had for it down to the window sticker. Next time I go to my parents I will post up pics of it.

I have purchased almost every thing from Dennis Carpenter parts which are made with OEM for tooling. I also was able to score some parts at the ford dealer that were in OEM packaging in a back room and they just gave them to me.

12stroker

Reaction score
Hey guys I have a issue my dad ordered a new carb. It's a brand new two barrel Holley.
When the truck is off it over flows gas out of the carb it's kind of like the float is stuck. But we checked the float everything is fine but it pours gas out of the top of the carb it's weird.
We took it back off and going to return it to the car quest on Monday if it's internally.