1BD9D7

Reaction score
When I bought it in December.
image.jpg3_zpsbmftsvv0.jpg

image.jpg2_zpsadxm8ie5.jpg

image.jpg1_zpsvghlimlu.jpg

1BD9D7

Reaction score
Lowered truck with DJM hangers and shackles (rear) and dream beams (front). Drop is approx 3" front 5.5" rear, may have to lift rear back up one position, it's adjustable.
image.jpg1_zpsit8na53t.jpg

image.jpg3_zpsopkxm5rs.jpg

image.jpg2_zpsoegm88pc.jpg

1BD9D7

Reaction score
First time the short bed was set on truck
image.jpg1_zpsebx9eyi5.jpg

Took the bed off, this was taken immediately after lowering. Also had to figure out the fuel tank and the driveshaft length
image.jpg1_zpsu8xufpoj.jpg

Stripped any finish still on frame and used eastwood rust encapsulator, also added 08 finned aluminum diff cover
image.jpg2_zpsfvvtv392.jpg

1BD9D7

Reaction score
Here's the most recent pics I have, the body has been fixed and the truck has been painted (still white) since the time these were taken. I will add more pics when I get more done...
image.jpg1_zpscba1jhue.jpg

image.jpg2_zpsgshjv2tm.jpg

image.jpg2_zps5ae7l80a.jpg

1BD9D7

Reaction score
Im not putting the door badges back on, but I made these to replace the original fender badges lol...
image.jpg1_zpsweoxxlqv.jpg

slowcoupe

Reaction score
Looks good man. I'm working on acquiring a RCLB project right now. Do you have any pictures of the cutting. I've followed a few of these threads and just like to get an idea of how people have cut and gusseted the frame following.

1BD9D7

Reaction score
I do have pics of the cutting they aren't the cleanest pics if I get better ones (I think my brother took some with an iPhone) then I could add them to this thread. I can email you more pics just need the address.

Found the bed on cl before I even bought the truck, it's an 09 bed from the south edge of Arkansas. I drove 16-17 hours in one day to get it and paid $700. I wasn't finding anything local at the time except brand new beds for $2000+ or older beds with rust or big time damage for anywhere 600-1000, so it seemed like a deal at the time. This one was certainly not perfect but at least I have the newer style tailgate. They turn up fairly often if you look constantly, just have to be ready to go pick it up right away....

Platinum250Scorpion

Reaction score
Im not putting the door badges back on, but I made these to replace the original fender badges lol...
image.jpg1_zpsweoxxlqv.jpg
Where'd ya get those made? My '14 Platinum didn't come with the 6.7 badges from the factory & I've been wanting to create custom badges for it.

- A vet' that's gone from a 7.3 to a 6.7, tryin to gather info & help out when I can. New to the 6.7 & PSA. Please excuse my potential FNG ways.

Platinum250Scorpion

Reaction score
Cool ass project btw...interested in more pics

- A vet' that's gone from a 7.3 to a 6.7, tryin to gather info & help out when I can. New to the 6.7 & PSA. Please excuse my potential FNG ways.

1BD9D7

Reaction score
Thanks for your nice comments guys...bwcbuilt I have looked at your trucks a lot in that rcsb specific thread, looks like you get a lot of use out of yours. I think mine will be handy for certain things, there are basically no 2wd trucks in my area but 98% of the time I don't need it anyways.

1BD9D7

Reaction score
Where'd ya get those made? My '14 Platinum didn't come with the 6.7 badges from the factory & I've been wanting to create custom badges for it.

My badges are nothing too special. I ordered new ford ranger badges (I found one style that had "xlt" in the corner, and one style that was completely blank at the bottom) and I used the blank ones and had custom vinyl decals made. If you look close at the pic you will notice the vinyl is applied a little crooked, clearly not professional work lol

I am sure someone can point you in the direction of custom badges, I actually like to leave the body blank and clean when I can, but of course there are 3 holes in these truck fenders which need a badge to cover them up... BTW Those platinum super duties are amazing

BWCbuilt

Reaction score
Thanks for your nice comments guys...bwcbuilt I have looked at your trucks a lot in that rcsb specific thread, looks like you get a lot of use out of yours. I think mine will be handy for certain things, there are basically no 2wd trucks in my area but 98% of the time I don't need it anyways.

I love that little thing. It gets more use than most trucks out there. People around here love to hate on the 2wd aspect of it... but it gets me where I need to be.

Platinum250Scorpion

Reaction score
My badges are nothing too special. I ordered new ford ranger badges (I found one style that had "xlt" in the corner, and one style that was completely blank at the bottom) and I used the blank ones and had custom vinyl decals made. If you look close at the pic you will notice the vinyl is applied a little crooked, clearly not professional work lol

I am sure someone can point you in the direction of custom badges, I actually like to leave the body blank and clean when I can, but of course there are 3 holes in these truck fenders which need a badge to cover them up... BTW Those platinum super duties are amazing
Ha, Rog, thanks for the info and for the truck compliment.

I don't think I could be much happier with it. The only problem is I gotta make sure I don't forget what not bein spoiled is about/like lol.

I haven't pressed the badges issue too hard. But, I guess I'd like to have something. I don't mind the way it looks without em. But, I guess part of me just wants that 6.7 labeling for clarification. I wouldn't want some poor soul getting my truck confused with a gasser lol. Smh, I have OCD so, I go back and forth between not caring and it buggin the crap outta me lol.

Reaction score
Would love to see more of this project. Frame Cutting and putting back together. What did you do with fuel tank? What did you do with driveshaft?

I love the 2wd aspect since you can get it to sit low.

1BD9D7

Reaction score
Yes the 2wd was the only way I wanted it bc it's mainly about the look of it, mine probably won't be fast... The ds is simply shortened 17.25" (no chance for a side by side pic comparison, only had the one shaft which was shortened by a local machine shop) and the 38 gal long bed tank was swapped for a 28 gallon short bed tank. I will try to get more of the pics I do have uploaded

1BD9D7

Reaction score
The frame had 16.25" taken out. If you have a short and long bed sitting side by side it's easy to see. There are 8 bolts in either length of bed. The distance between the front bolt and the second bolt will be 16.25" shorter on the short bed. After the frame is shortened, all 8 bed mounts line up correctly.

The new fuel tank is shorter in height so my old fuel sending unit needed a few inches cut off, I am not positive yet if it lets the fuel gauge read correctly, but it should... Could have bought a new sending unit for the short bed style tank instead. There are 2 straps for the fuel tank, the rear one works nice, but the front has nowhere to attach to. My brother made a small crossmember with .25" x 2" wide metal (if I remember right, might have been .375" thick) and it spans the 37" width of the frame and bolts to each side. The front strap had to be lengthened a bit but the tank fits nice. If the truck was 4x4 instead of 2wd, I would have needed to use an F150 tank, excursion tank (where spare tire goes on a truck), or fuel cell. Many people have done the various 4x4 options but I think the short bed tank swap was the easiest and I can fuel up like a factory truck, although I guess the other options would allow a shaved fuel door...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online