6.4 Gone. 2017 6.7 F350 Platinum In.

Black AOD

Reaction score
You hit the nail on the head with the vibe of this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The forums are dead in general, it's all face***s and Instahoes fault, Nothing I can change.

Plus this truck isn't that interesting anyway, nothing to really get excited about on it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Black AOD

Reaction score
Well I picked up a brand new in box GT37 OEM turbo. Going to send it off to TaterBuilt Turbos to be built into his 63/67 spec VGT build. He does about the same thing as what a Fleece Cheetah 63 has in it, it just has some different wheels than what Fleece uses and some other small odds and ends.

I have an Exergy 10mm CP4 I picked up recently as well that will be going on when the turbo is done.

Unlimited Diesel ordered me in some OUO 3-Link ALAs and rear Hellwig Sway Bar.

Once all this is done that's about it for this truck. My trans does still continue to do some odd things here and there so I would hesitantly guess within the next year or less it will come out and go somewhere to get rebuilt with new clutches and a new billet converter and some other small odds and ends, I will probably have it done by Andy Warren at WDI.

c98511230237771b382af6552216c912.jpg

Last edited:

alewis

Reaction score
Looks like that will be a pretty nice set up! When does welding the crank gear become a concern?

Black AOD

Reaction score
Looks like that will be a pretty nice set up! When does welding the crank gear become a concern?

Who knows, I think a lot of people get hyped up about that for nothing that are under 700whp. This setup will max at about 650whp (ish) and the turbo will be tapped at that point and frankly I wouldn't want anything power wise above that with a single VGT turbo anyway.

If I was going to compound it into an S475 or a similar sized BB charger with some small injector's (which may happen some day far far away but not anytime soon), I would have the cam and crank gear welded and I'd do an H&S oil pressure regulator too. At that point, I might as well honestly just build the whole motor. I really don't see a point for all that though until you're getting over 700whp and a bunch of added low end torque.

I really honestly don't see this truck going much past these last few items. It's too long, too big and too heavy to try and give it gobs of power or make it fast. I just wanted a little bump in power over what basic toon/dleet offered and to make it a good reliable DD and tow truck when it does that. When the trans gets rebuilt, that will be the last serious money I put into the truck aftermarket mod wise unless something breaks. I learned my lesson with my 6.4, I'm done putting any kind of serious $ for horsepower into big long heavy trucks.

sootie

Reaction score

When guys run chitty tuning with oodles of timing and shifting that jerks the engine too hard when it shifts

Black AOD

Reaction score
When guys run chitty tuning with oodles of timing and shifting that jerks the engine too hard when it shifts

Or run bigger power on a stock motor and is lifted on giant tires or wheels, don't forget the IG brotards Ron

harrelljr99

Reaction score
Well I picked up a brand new in box GT37 OEM turbo. Going to send it off to TaterBuilt Turbos to be built into his 63/67 spec VGT build. He does about the same thing as what a Fleece Cheetah 63 has in it, it just has some different wheels than what Fleece uses and some other small odds and ends.

I have an Exergy 10mm CP4 I picked up recently as well that will be going on when the turbo is done.

Unlimited Diesel ordered me in some OUO 3-Link ALAs and rear Hellwig Sway Bar.

Once all this is done that's about it for this truck. My trans does still continue to do some odd things here and there so I would hesitantly guess within the next year or less it will come out and go somewhere to get rebuilt with new clutches and a new billet converter and some other small odds and ends, I will probably have it done by Andy Warren at WDI.

c98511230237771b382af6552216c912.jpg

Where can I find details and pricing for modded the GT37?

I have the one I pulled out and replaced with the cheetah. I was planning on sending it to spe to mod for $800 (I elected not to send my "core” in for a whopping $400) but would like to see what taterbuilt has to offer.

Black AOD

Reaction score
Where can I find details and pricing for modded the GT37?

I have the one I pulled out and replaced with the cheetah. I was planning on sending it to spe to mod for $800 (I elected not to send my "core” in for a whopping $400) but would like to see what taterbuilt has to offer.

Dm me

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

alewis

Reaction score
That is kind of what I thought... good information to know guys!

Last edited:

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
Who knows, I think a lot of people get hyped up about that for nothing that are under 700whp. This setup will max at about 650whp (ish) and the turbo will be tapped at that point and frankly I wouldn't want anything power wise above that with a single VGT turbo anyway.

If I was going to compound it into an S475 or a similar sized BB charger with some small injector's (which may happen some day far far away but not anytime soon), I would have the cam and crank gear welded and I'd do an H&S oil pressure regulator too. At that point, I might as well honestly just build the whole motor. I really don't see a point for all that though until you're getting over 700whp and a bunch of added low end torque.

650(or DAMN close) is attainable on stock fuel. A stock truck with a warhammer file and piping kit will do 600(PSA Calc, trap speed and weight) so I think you'll be 670+ personally. Crank gear seems mostly tune related, Warhammer file with 30* of timing MIGHT be the leading cause. I've heard a few people report spun gears on 16s with tunes that are typically more conservative. I've also heard that the tolerance of the press fit gear is looser on the 16-E17 builds, but can't confirm. Everyone I have personally talked to with a spun crank gear had a 16-17 running the warhammer file(stock trucks and one with 369 and stroker) except one so I'm hoping that the issue was predominantly with how aggressive the warhammer was. Kinda sad because I loved how those OST files were on my 14.

sootie

Reaction score
650(or DAMN close) is attainable on stock fuel. A stock truck with a warhammer file and piping kit will do 600(PSA Calc, trap speed and weight) so I think you'll be 670+ personally. Crank gear seems mostly tune related, Warhammer file with 30* of timing MIGHT be the leading cause. I've heard a few people report spun gears on 16s with tunes that are typically more conservative. I've also heard that the tolerance of the press fit gear is looser on the 16-E17 builds, but can't confirm. Everyone I have personally talked to with a spun crank gear had a 16-17 running the warhammer file(stock trucks and one with 369 and stroker) except one so I'm hoping that the issue was predominantly with how aggressive the warhammer was. Kinda sad because I loved how those OST files were on my 14.

650 is NOT attainable on stock fuel, sorry.

And agreed, all the failures ive seen were on that file also.

Latest posts

Members online