BD Track Master S400 Intake??

old man dave

Reaction score
the only specs i could find for the big boost...not giving us exact ##'s...only how much more then the 6637...

http://afepower.com/shop/details_ne...l&searchtype=word&keyword=24-91042&brandID=61
• Pro 5R Factory-Oiled Media for Maximum Performance
• This filter is a direct replacement for the Donaldson ECB085011 paper filter.
• 19% increase in Flow (427 CFM at 1.50" H20) over Donaldson's filter BHAF (Big Honkin' Air Filter)
• 100% Polyurethane top and base for Long Filter Life
• Flange reinforced with embedded metal ring to prevent seal failure
• Washable and Reuseable for Multiple Cleaning Cycles

Doen't quite get around to saying the 98.6% filtration is at the same flow rate (19% increase) /pressure drop as the Donaldson B085011 or what the Donaldson does at the same particulate size/pressure drop or what the filtration is at maximum flow.

Are we to assume that the filtration is equal to the Donaldson with more air flow and does not say what percentage fitration the Donaldson does under the same testing conditions.

Its easy to increase flow when if filtration goes down.

Just dances around the numbers. I do hope the AFe works, I have both.

Last edited:

bruce

Reaction score
Did swamps ever dyno the same engine without the 6637?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was an old swamps story from back in the day that they had a 400 horse truck (stage 1) and it had a 6637 that was like black it was so dirty, had like 60k on it and it made the exact same hp as the truck without a filter installed.

Reaction score
I just saw a member on PSA post on the powerstroke page on Facebook saying it felt like his truck felt like it gained "100hp" when he took off his 6637, his truck has a lot more than 400hp though.

bruce

Reaction score
I just saw a member on PSA post on the powerstroke page on Facebook saying it felt like his truck felt like it gained "100hp" when he took off his 6637, his truck has a lot more than 400hp though.

Hell those facebook pages have more retards than psn and the morg combined

Reaction score
Hahah that's for sure, he's a member on here and has a fully built engine, I'm sure it's pulling a lot more air through than a 400hp truck so maybe it really did make a difference, he knows his ****.

bruce

Reaction score
Hahah that's for sure, he's a member on here and has a fully built engine, I'm sure it's pulling a lot more air through than a 400hp truck so maybe it really did make a difference, he knows his ****.

well swamps did 930 through a 6637 so i don't think it's that restrictive

Reaction score
Doen't quite get around to saying the 98.6% filtration is at the same flow rate (19% increase) /pressure drop as the Donaldson B085011 or what the Donaldson does at the same particulate size/pressure drop or what the filtration is at maximum flow.

Are we to assume that the filtration is equal to the Donaldson with more air flow and does not say what percentage fitration the Donaldson does under the same testing conditions.

Its easy to increase flow when if filtration goes down.

Just dances around the numbers. I do hope the AFe works, I have both.

i hear ya there...i hate it when a vendor doesn't post data.they got something to hide??..there was a big thread about it a while back and they had a group buy on them..i don't recall a fallow up thread....i never ran the big boost..i ran a pro7 and the pro dry filter from AFE...the air tube that came with my turbonetics mount kit wouldn't sit right to let the big boost fit...

njjeep

Reaction score
My truck isn't over 600hp but it has ran a 12.6 with no filter and a 12.8 with a filter. It may have just been a better launch or track conditions that got me a better time. In the meantime I will still run a 6637 on the street. They are cheap flow good and filter good.

bruce

Reaction score
Look into an R2C cone filter. That's the same brand super late models and sprint cars run

Members online

No members online now.