Excessive washer fluid use

Fly By Night

Reaction score
I drove the new 6.7 through a snow storm last week, I topped off the washer fluid before hand and burnt through an entire gallon and ran the thing empty within 24 hours. I usually use a gallon or two a year so this seems out of character, I thought maybe there was a leak in the system, I just ran the washers on dry asphalt, I didn't see any spots appear where they shouldn't do I'm pretty sure it isn't leaking. Does anyone have any insight on this?

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Bugman

Reaction score
I'd put a gallon back into it and while parked on the driveway run the washer a few times and see if you can see a leak.

There also might be a crack in the reservoir

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

oilfieldtrash15

Reaction score
Don't take offense but have you driven in snow before? Usually go through a lot more keeping the windshield clear with snow.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Hyooge windshield, hyooge. I've wiped out a gallon and half during a 3 hour drive in a little XL7

Fly By Night

Reaction score
I'd put a gallon back into it and while parked on the driveway run the washer a few times and see if you can see a leak.

There also might be a crack in the reservoir

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

I topped the washer fluid off:, shook the air bubbles out and repeated till it was full, I drove a few hundred miles last night and it went down just a little from using the washers. So I think a tank leak is ruled out.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.