Died at idle - No crank

Mcdonald22

Reaction score
2008 f250 build date 05/07 on sticker ***, Egr cooler, Intake elbow ******s, Mishi Radiator, BPD Oil cooler, ******* Tuned since 2013 - 298k miles currently.

Was sitting at a drive through and it shut off like I had turned the key and would not crank after that here are a list of what I have done.

1: Checked fuses, reset fuel shut off on passenger side
2: Tried to jump start with the bypass wire behind pass side battery ( no crank )
3: Loaded a new tune - no effect
4: Scanned for codes with a big scan tool came up empty. ( nothing that was not already there )
5: Checked that lift pump ( under driver door) is working and it is along with all dash lights gauges etc.
6: Anti-theft is NOT flashing like it is active.
7: Solenoid is clicking in passenger side fuse panel when key is turned.

So what else can cause a no crank issue from what I have seen an EGT sensor is most common but since I am ******d it doesn't seem to be that and there is only the EGTRA sensor left, also if it was emissions related the jumper wire should have started the truck right?

******* Dashdak shows 0 fuel pressure (FRP) when cycling the key and I cannot remember if it normally shows anything from the low press pump when cycling or if this is just pressure after the HPFP. Anybody with one who could check I would appreciate it.

Could the chip in the key have died / fried but not throw a code? Im currently at a loss.
Any ideas on what would shut the fuel off while running and keep it from cranking I would appreciate it!

Hopefully soon I can get it pulled in somewhere and try to get it to start from crossing the starter itself as it is 18 deg where I am currently

Thank You

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
You put the correct end to 12v at the connector by the battery correct? I have never seen that not crank before when jumped. You checked the entire battery junction box fuses right

Mcdonald22

Reaction score
Yes I applied a power jumper wire from battery to the right or ( male ) side of the round connection and it did nothing. also I have checked all fuses in both boxes passenger side and under the hood and all of them are good.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Are your batteries dead, like maybe the alternator **** the bed?

Also, check fuse 76 or 78 in the battery fuse box, really close. One of those blows when the hi pressure pump harness shorts to the hi pressure pump cover, that'll cause it to die and not restart.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

webb06

Reaction score
If it won’t crank using the starter wire then either batteries are dead or starter is dead. It’s a direct wire to the starter solenoid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mcdonald22

Reaction score
Little late on a follow up but been busy with work and such. but the issue was Battery's were weak and starter locked up all at same time..was weird. Thank you everyone who replied

Latest posts

Members online