EC/LB Motor Build

Black AOD

Reaction score
Have to remember you dyno'd the truck on heavy ass RTs and ran on little proxes. I'm guessing the difference there in weight and the fact Firepunks dyno is by no means a friendly number dyno its more accurate than you think.

I re-dynoed again on smaller tires. (same ones I used at the track actually) The weather was much better and we messed with some parameters in the tuning and some adjustments on the gates and did 849/1612 which is what my sig reads currently. Didn't spray it that day, last time we sprayed it it read over 2000 tq which I didn't believe, I think the nitrous spiked it hard and gave that giant tq number.

Anyways, the NX calc I use says at 8350lbs going 120 mph, truck make 979 rwhp. If you go by E.T. @ 8350 lbs, it makes 833 which is much closer to the dyno #'s. However Cody is right when he says the MPH reading is usually much more accurate, I agree with him.

Now granted, no dyno is ever accurate because of correction factors and how hard it loads, tire slip, and this and that and blah blah but still....the difference between a dyno reading 849 and the track saying basically it made 980 rwhp? just makes it hard for me to believe it really makes that much.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
It takes a LOT of power to get an 8300+lb truck to 120mph in the 1/4. I believe it.

The weight sounds high to me, but I know you keep a lot of extra **** in your truck so it's possible.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

sootie

Reaction score
wow. nice numbers! can you leave harder and cut that 60' down any?

Black AOD

Reaction score
wow. nice numbers! can you leave harder and cut that 60' down any?
Yeah I'm sure I can. I tried a 20lb boosted launch to see if I could leave harder off the line and cut the 60ft down but my dumbass screwed that launch all up lol

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

sootie

Reaction score
Yeah I'm sure I can. I tried a 20lb boosted launch to see if I could leave harder off the line and cut the 60ft down but my dumbass screwed that launch all up lol

try launching off rpm not booost. that way it is more consistent and less finicky to focus on

Black AOD

Reaction score
try launching off rpm not booost. that way it is more consistent and less finicky to focus on
Yeah that's my plan next go around. That was my first time at the track with a truck so i have learning and a lot of it to do. I'm used to cars that weigh 3500lbs or less and have super sticky drag radials or slicks and aren't turboed lol

6.4 Stroker

Reaction score
Glad to see its running hard for ya buddy!
Seat time at the track in general will help get that thing dialed in. I've never had any luck going by RPM, but everyone's different.
Refreshing to see a truck that runs as good at it looks!

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
Glad we don't have trailer queens. You should see when Andrew and I hangout lmao... it's constantly racing and beating the piss outta our trucks. Even though he still hasn't caught me all those times on the on ramps ;) we've pissed off quite a few Hondas and Mustangs.

He better bring that damn truck with him this weekend.

Black AOD

Reaction score
Glad we don't have trailer queens. You should see when Andrew and I hangout lmao... it's constantly racing and beating the piss outta our trucks. Even though he still hasn't caught me all those times on the on ramps ;) we've pissed off quite a few Hondas and Mustangs.

He better bring that damn truck with him this weekend.
**** my truck has been getting driven daily since I got it back in March. It's a 900hp overpowered work truck lol. Visits jobsites, gets the bed dirty and hauls a trailer here and there. My truck doesn't get trailered anywhere unless it breaks lol

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I re-dynoed again on smaller tires. (same ones I used at the track actually) The weather was much better and we messed with some parameters in the tuning and some adjustments on the gates and did 849/1612 which is what my sig reads currently. Didn't spray it that day, last time we sprayed it it read over 2000 tq which I didn't believe, I think the nitrous spiked it hard and gave that giant tq number.

Anyways, the NX calc I use says at 8350lbs going 120 mph, truck make 979 rwhp. If you go by E.T. @ 8350 lbs, it makes 833 which is much closer to the dyno #'s. However Cody is right when he says the MPH reading is usually much more accurate, I agree with him.

Now granted, no dyno is ever accurate because of correction factors and how hard it loads, tire slip, and this and that and blah blah but still....the difference between a dyno reading 849 and the track saying basically it made 980 rwhp? just makes it hard for me to believe it really makes that much.

i'd lean more to the fact the actual mpf on the slip is wrong . how many passes did you make ?

Black AOD

Reaction score
4. One I ****ed up bad and was like 12.4 @ 112. 1 was 11.9 @ 119. One was 12.0 @118 and my best was 11.8 @ 120

ckrueg

Reaction score
The weight seems a bit high compared to my eclb. With a topper, me and a buddy and a bunch of fishing stuff it was 8200. Either way nice numbers

Black AOD

Reaction score
I carry a full size spare in my bed. 35" toyo R/T mounted on a 20x10 wheel. It has a workbox full of tools and all sorts of other crap. Mine's lifted 4" in the front and is on big heavy toyos, and I have a rear OUO axle truss and I have the front truss too. Add on bigger turbos, a 2nd K16, OUO ALA's and traction bars with traction blocks, heavier and bigger sway bars, reservoir shocks....There's a lot of weight I've added during the build process. if anything im surprised it didn't weigh more. The truck with me taking nothing out of it weighs 8340ish without me in it.

Last edited:

Black AOD

Reaction score
K16 on my belt let go. Need a new one, preferably NOT A REMAN. Good usable OEM pump, lower the miles the better. If anyone has anything let me know, and PM me. Thanks

Black AOD

Reaction score
So Just an Update.

Both my k16's let go. Belt pump has a bad VCV. Valley Pump had the PCV sh*t on itself. Have 2 new ones from RAE that are new Remans going in. RCD is testing my RCD 60%s to be safe. Should be back together before Christmas. Hopefully the new pumps should solve my RP issue.

I'm beginning to think my Pumps were honestly kind of weak from the Get-go. The truck is getting a new alternator, some new batteries and a few other maintenance items for this winter. I am going to go dyno the truck again at Firepunk after the new year probably and then I am debating selling it. Guess I'll see how much I enjoy driving it once it is running again.

A 17 F350 CCLB Platinum Single Wheel is in my near future so that will factor some things as well.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online