6.4 up pipe replacement

sootie

Reaction score
no one is telling you to cut the pipe-they are saying to cut the cooler. that pipe is part of the uppipes.

Will@Rudy'sDiesel

Reaction score
As long as you do not cut the egr provision or the actual up pipe that runs from your manifold to the back of the turbos you are fine. I don't care what you do with the egr pipe.

97f350stroker

Reaction score
I have no cooler it's deleted I just have the block off plate on the bottom flange. The bolt I'm referring to that is rounded bolts that egr pipe to the passenger side up pipe behind the turbo.

97f350stroker

Reaction score
As long as you do not cut the egr provision or the actual up pipe that runs from your manifold to the back of the turbos you are fine. I don't care what you do with the egr pipe.

Understood Will. I'm not worried about cutting that egr pipe out of the way it's just relocating my ebp sensor that has my attention now. Can I just drill and tap the block off plate and use a pipe fitting for the tube?

Stroked777

Reaction score
Yeah just drill and tap it. My bd kit came with a tapped hole and a plug. I used to have my ebp sensor in the stock location until my egr pipe cracked so I moved the sensor to the block off plate

97f350stroker

Reaction score
Got the new pipes in this evening. Cut that egr pipe out and it was smooth from there. The bung on Rudy's up pipes worked out perfectly for the ebp tube and I just relocated the block off plate to the egr provision flange. Hoping to throw the trans back up in tomorrow and be done with it. All in all not a terrible job just tight areas to work in. I got lucky and didn't have any trouble at all with the turbo bolts, no heat needed. However if I ever do it again I think I'll find a way to pull the cab.

97f350stroker

Reaction score
I'm telling you it wasn't bad with the cab on and trans in. Took me a few hours to do

I couldn't imagine doing it trans in. I took out every bolt except the 4 for the egr pipe kneeling exactly where the trans was with my arms up at the turbo. The right combo of socket, extension, and swivel got on every bolt.

Members online

No members online now.