"FX40" 2006 f350 build

vcassens

Reaction score
Truck looks awesome man! So what was the original color of the truck? Also what are the plans for the interior?

earv_g0tti

Reaction score
Could you take a somewhat close up of the door to see the handle better? I think I might try and go that route also and loose the majority or the chrome.
It's just smooth surround ptm with a chrome pull. Idk if I have a closer pic but I'll look

Truck looks great.

Turn the Blades around.

Chop em forward. Me n Brancifort got commended so many times at Scheids for mine being forward. Looks different
They're sold but I'd never do that. I hate directional wheels going the wrong way. Pet peeve of mine. People say "it's different" no it's just backwards imo haha

Forgatio just introduced an 8 Lug wheel.. unless its not new and i just saw it for the first time.
Yeah they've had 8 lug wheels but you're talking about that 26x14 they just introduced. It's massive, just like the price tag. $10k for a set is what I'm hearing..... no way in hell, count me out lol

Truck looks awesome man! So what was the original color of the truck? Also what are the plans for the interior?
The original was the tan, I forgot the color code but you can see it in the picture of the interior completely gutted

Can someone explain the 'cone lyfe'? I'm not a flatbiller, so I don't understand

I can see you'll be that one annoying guy with nothing positive to contribute.. You should've been swallowed

Strokersace

Reaction score
There are things with this truck that aren't my style but you've done a great job bringing it all together. I like the fact that you stayed with the chrome! Subtle touches look great. I admire your thought into this rig.

I too am curious about the cone in the bed? Serious question and not being a douche.

Also, if its an 06, how were you able to mount up the factory 99-04 16" wheels?? I assume spacers?

Inline6359

Reaction score
I may have missed it but what is the color?? I like it. How hard was the 11+ front end to make work??

Also whats with the cone. Im just curious??

swinky

Reaction score
its not a tip, its a stack. and it works on the truck. big truck needs a big exhaust. and ive never personally seen another one like it before. truck looks awesome man.
Plenty of people had that back in 08. I had Cummings Buddys that ran it at the same angle as a stock exhaust and it looked great. They used 6x36 and it looked like a 6" exhaust unless you got under it and looked. Stacks point up. Not hanging off the back like a limp dick.

earv_g0tti

Reaction score
This thing would look bad. ass. with a set of the new ADV.1 truckspec wheels on it...
Never heard of em...

There are things with this truck that aren't my style but you've done a great job bringing it all together. I like the fact that you stayed with the chrome! Subtle touches look great. I admire your thought into this rig.

I too am curious about the cone in the bed? Serious question and not being a douche.

Also, if its an 06, how were you able to mount up the factory 99-04 16" wheels?? I assume spacers?
Thank you, I can respect and appreciate that. The wheels don't clear, they're only on there threaded about hand tight. The truck isn't going anywhere so it won't hurt. But I picked up some factory 18s from a 6.4 Saturday to throw on

I dig the color! Any plans for an '11+ bed?
I'm also curious about the cone now lol
Thanks and no I have no plans or desire to swap the bed. The wheel opening isn't a huge deal for me right now

I may have missed it but what is the color?? I like it. How hard was the 11+ front end to make work??

Also whats with the cone. Im just curious??
The color was something we mixed up, custom created. The front end is really a lot of cutting is the hardest part, then lining it all up and making it stay there lol

As for the cone everyone, it really has no meaning. Jus thought it looked cool and it pisses people off for no reason
IMG_7899_zpsbf74a184.jpg

Plenty of people had that back in 08. I had Cummings Buddys that ran it at the same angle as a stock exhaust and it looked great. They used 6x36 and it looked like a 6" exhaust unless you got under it and looked. Stacks point up. Not hanging off the back like a limp dick.
Interesting. I'd like to see all those trucks...
And it's a stack, I don't think there's any form of legislature designatin which way to run it. But hey, at least my limp dick is big :pimp:

Last edited:

earv_g0tti

Reaction score
left out this part, but here's the pics of during the front end conversion

clip removed
IMG_8070_zpsab6c5f3b.jpg

IMG_8052_zps3e434bb3.jpg

frame horns cut
IMG_8084_zpsb374d49d.jpg

IMG_8083_zpsd86e327d.jpg

painted pieces
IMG_8063_zpsca5753a0.jpg

fenders first
IMG_8071_zpsf8519320.jpg

start coming across
IMG_8074_zps80e64299.jpg

bumper on
IMG_8090_zps05d369c0.jpg

IMG_8090_zps05d369c0.jpg

IMG_8104_zpsd321d927.jpg

i'll be replacing these with recons someday

earv_g0tti

Reaction score
ee5523f865170d2fcdf311c469419be2.jpg

And the closer truck ran 10s with a vp44

neither one of those are 36" tips. i've seen those before, those are 21" my buddy has one on his 7.3 ran the same way.... does look good tho, and again not similar to mine at all

earv_g0tti

Reaction score
today one of my new lightbars showed up, i'll be running dual 40s in the front bumper
20141007_215445_zpsonltawqr.jpg

and hopefuly this weekend i'll be going to Maryland to pick up my new interior!

johnp115

Reaction score
Kinda like mine, with how it sits.. even though mine is not a stack you can't see the end where it downsizes (one thing i hate). Not identical, but similar. I just wish my tip was tucked up more but that's as high as it goes.

d343cc6c86a0b5718ef2db571b45f2ae.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

swinky

Reaction score
neither one of those are 36" tips. i've seen those before, those are 21" my buddy has one on his 7.3 ran the same way.... does look good tho, and again not similar to mine at all
The closer one was a "stack" looks like he cut it though I couldn't tell you the length.

Latest posts

Members online