Leveling kit ordered what else do I need

TXAG07

Reaction score
Anybody got measurements of Carli 2.5" coils with stock rear? Any rake or completely level? My 08 had Carli 2.5", deavers, and 37s and was almost too tall. Dan from Carli said this same combo on a 17 was as tall as a 08-15 with a 4.5" lift.....I do not want that. Hoping for some type of level and 35s-36s to stay lower than 08 was.

Hoosierdaddy

Reaction score
I'm in a similar situation. My F350 DRW should be showing up in several weeks and I want to have everything ready. I'm fixing to order my tires and wheels(wheen I figure out exactly which ones I want) and I can't find any good clearance info on a '17 dually. Wheels will be 22's and tires will be 35x12.50 R/T or Ridge Grappler. I'm assuming I won't have to cut or trim with a 2.5" leveling kit, but cannot confirm. Anybody have first hand experience on this? I need this to be clean, as in 100% fit and no hacking. Looking for best possible ride with no compromise on towing. I plan on installing helper bags eventually when I get a 5er to pull. Typical towing will just be a cigarette boat on the hitch.

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
I'm in a similar situation. My F350 DRW should be showing up in several weeks and I want to have everything ready. I'm fixing to order my tires and wheels(wheen I figure out exactly which ones I want) and I can't find any good clearance info on a '17 dually. Wheels will be 22's and tires will be 35x12.50 R/T or Ridge Grappler. I'm assuming I won't have to cut or trim with a 2.5" leveling kit, but cannot confirm. Anybody have first hand experience on this? I need this to be clean, as in 100% fit and no hacking. Looking for best possible ride with no compromise on towing. I plan on installing helper bags eventually when I get a 5er to pull. Typical towing will just be a cigarette boat on the hitch.

You should be fine. My friend did a 285 tire on stock.

OldschoolPSD

Reaction score
You are not paying for the name, you are paying for the spring rates and shock valving. Takes a lot of R&D to make them ride the way they do, but mechanically it's a simple thing to replicate. If you could get their info and order the springs and shocks then it would be cheap, but that info is proprietary and they spent a bunch of time and money to attain it.

I reverse engineered an autofab kit for my bronco, by the time I was done I had a real appreciation for what it takes to get It right. If I had it to do over I would have just stroked a check to autofab and saved the frustration.

Jomax

Reaction score
You are not paying for the name, you are paying for the spring rates and shock valving. Takes a lot of R&D to make them ride the way they do, but mechanically it's a simple thing to replicate. If you could get their info and order the springs and shocks then it would be cheap, but that info is proprietary and they spent a bunch of time and money to attain it.

I reverse engineered an autofab kit for my bronco, by the time I was done I had a real appreciation for what it takes to get It right. If I had it to do over I would have just stroked a check to autofab and saved the frustration.

People never understand that. They think They can get king shocks and deavers and They'll be ahead... Sage Carli spends a ton of time making it right. The proof is that they still don't have many kits available for the 17.

Right now, he's abusing the shop '17 in Barstow making the kits perfect, and using the nasty streets/freeways in LA to make the street ride better. They are not the type to just throw a kit out to be the first to have a suspension system for the 17s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PasoF450

Reaction score

2.5" Level kit, & 1/4" Front spacers will allow you to run 35x12.5 or 37x12.5 with no rubbing. You will have to cut the stock ford front mud flap.

I am running 37s on my F350. I left the rear end stock but added air bags for towing.

Hoosierdaddy

Reaction score
You should be fine. My friend did a 285 tire on stock.

2.5" Level kit, & 1/4" Front spacers will allow you to run 35x12.5 or 37x12.5 with no rubbing. You will have to cut the stock ford front mud flap.

I am running 37s on my F350. I left the rear end stock but added air bags for towing.

Thanks for the info guys. I'm sure the 22's will push it out a bit in the front.

TTBOOST

Reaction score
Okay so I've changed my mind because I know I wouldn't be happy with just a lvl kit plus I want 37's. so my question is if I go with a 4.5" lift Will 37's on 22x10 wheels fit? I will most likely go with a PMF kit with icon springs duel steering stabilizer and fox shocks everywhere.

oli6578

Reaction score
Okay so I've changed my mind because I know I wouldn't be happy with just a lvl kit plus I want 37's. so my question is if I go with a 4.5" lift Will 37's on 22x10 wheels fit? I will most likely go with a PMF kit with icon springs duel steering stabilizer and fox shocks everywhere.

It's depends on what your offset is of your rims. More than likely you will have to do some fender trimming with 10 inch wide wheels.

C2tuck

Reaction score
Been looking at the Icon 2.5" springs, (4) 1/4" PMF spacers (2 on each side), 4" blocks out back, and PMF 3-link and dual steering stabilizers. Will eventually do the traction bars at a later date. 2 questions: 1. Is it better to do the track bar drop bracket vs track bar replacement? 2. Would bilstein 5100 work well with this set up? I've seen most guys going with fox resi's but I have always run bilsteins and loved them. Anyone else out there done the same? Thanks

oli6578

Reaction score
Been looking at the Icon 2.5" springs, (4) 1/4" PMF spacers (2 on each side), 4" blocks out back, and PMF 3-link and dual steering stabilizers. Will eventually do the traction bars at a later date. 2 questions: 1. Is it better to do the track bar drop bracket vs track bar replacement? 2. Would bilstein 5100 work well with this set up? I've seen most guys going with fox resi's but I have always run bilsteins and loved them. Anyone else out there done the same? Thanks

I would definitely do fox over bilesteins!! Fox ride much better. If interested I have new PMF 4.5 inch block for sale and also have 4 new PMF 1/4 spacers for sale.

C2tuck

Reaction score
Pm me the details...as far as the fox resi's, I've heard you have to adjust or recalibrate them every X amount of miles. True?

oli6578

Reaction score
Pm me the details...as far as the fox resi's, I've heard you have to adjust or recalibrate them every X amount of miles. True?

My resi's are not adjustable so not true for me. PM sent on PMF stuff.

Jomax

Reaction score

Completely false on the Resi's.

Latest posts

Members online