New here and New to diesels

mruvio

Reaction score
Guys in need of some help here. I have a 2008 XL. I am in the middle of collecting all the parts for a king ranch swap. Recently the truck started giving me problems. Just shutting off wile driving. I have a code for a particulate diesel pressure sensor. I replaced the sensor once already. It lasted a whole five minutes before it burnt up. I was told by a local mechanic I needed a new exhaust. Any guidance in the issue would help thanks.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
The physical removal of the particulate filter and a tune to program it out of the PCM. the tuners are very rare to find now and very expensive once you find them...

the the legality of the previous said process....:poke:

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
I hate to change topic, but if this is your first diesel, itll probably be your last one... well maybe last FORD one...LOL

mruvio

Reaction score
Lol it is my first one. I have owned it for about 6 months. First really problems it gave me. Besides the way I got the truck (long story). I was actually considering buying a 2014.

Sideswipe505

Reaction score
CTC, that is kind of false information. Tuners are available. The only ones that are really tough to get are H&S. I got my exhaust and SCT X4 for under a grand all told. Cheaper than a DPF. Mruvio, search around the forums and you will find the majority of these 6.4 trucks are deleted because the DPF is really hard on the motors. Buy yourself an off-road tuner and a delete pipe. Install the tuner, start the truck to make sure it works, shut truck down, remove DPF, take sensors out of DPF and plug them back into the harness and zip tie them to tre frame. Put in delete pipe and enjoy your smoother running, more powerful, and more economic 6.4. Too easy.

mruvio

Reaction score
We'll look into this I have a appointment Friday with PSE here and Houston

Latest posts

Members online