Floor Mats

Magicman129

Reaction score
Just wanted to post a quick floor mat review for anyone torn between Weather Tech and Husky. I initially purchased Weather Tech Extreme Duty mats for both front and back. They were okay but twice the mats came bent up with a deformity. After the second defective mat and the online seller telling me to heat it with a heat gun to get it to lay flat. I finally just returned the Weather Techs. I then went to a local shop and purchased the Husky X-Act mats. Noticed a difference immediately. The Weather Techs were a hard rigid plastic and I found the HuskyX to be a softer more flexible rubber. Husky seemed to be a slight bit thicher and had a sturdier feel to them. The Husky also fit like a glove were as the Weather Tech had a good fit, butnnot perfect. The Husky's laid flat right out of the box and did not require me to spend two hundred bucks and then use a heat gun to make the mats fit and lay properly. I think both are a good product if you get a good set with Weather Tech, but I'm partial to the Husky brand due to the fit and flexible, sturdier rubber material. The fact the first set were perfect and did not require multiple exchanges to try to get a good set is also a plus.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I have husky mats in my 6.7.. love them.. and they where half the cost of weathertechs

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Brian22

Reaction score
I have the weathertechs in my 16. The fitment is downright chitty when you factor in the cost of them. Luckily I got em for free, otherwise I'd be pitching a fit with customer service at weathertech. Eventually I will replace them with some husky mats that will fit better.

gdw88

Reaction score
I just bought a new truck and was thinking of going weathertech, now not so sure.

Can you get the husky mats that go all the way across the front like the weathertech's? (I didn't get the truck with the console, there's a spare seat console combo instead)

I couldn't see them online

Brian22

Reaction score
Husky makes a center section that fits over the transmission hump. As far as I can tell they do not have have a single piece mat that stretches across both sides.

Squat and Poot

Reaction score
I have weather techs in my 17, only complaint is the rear mat is slightly too large. After one summer they'll mold in. i've been in trucks with Huskies and liked those mats too.

JRLott

Reaction score
I've never had Husky, but have been impressed with those I've seen. I have weathertech. They're great, and have shown no issues others have noted. I have them in the Bride's Highlander too. No issues there either. I do think that if I lived in an area with regular snow, I might go with the Husky to hold the melt volume rather than direct it out the door.

eastern

Reaction score
I have used Weatherboots in my trucks since my first truck .(1997). Used to be called Fox liners ENT. Just trades my 12 in and dealer could not believe how clean floor was , being it was a work truck. Can't say much for the rest of the truck. LOL

black'n'blue

Reaction score
I have the husky weather beater mats in my 17. They are comparable to weather tech mats I had in my 2005. I liked the weather techs until I took a chance on these husky's and will probably never go back. Cheaper, fit better, and don't move or deform. They have little sharp nubs on the bottom that hold them in place and when I say they don't move, I mean it. That was my biggest complaint with my weather techs. Plus I think the husky's cleanup easier. Also I believe the husky's go further up on the dead pedal, like all the way up instead of 50%-75%.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Twistedsteel

Reaction score
I have weather tech I like the fronts and the back is good too but quality seems lacking a bit. My biggest problem with the rear is that being the floor is completely flat, everything slides around back there. It's just too slick, I'm thinking of getting the Husky liner for the rear. For those that have the Husky liner are you having any problems with items sliding around excessively back there?

F

Floorboard79

the husky X-act Contour mats are softer and heavier than the weather tech,
i would highly recommend husky. I have had multiple set of both Also they work very well with the vinyl floor because the weight and softer composition helps keep them from sliding

TXAG07

Reaction score
Had weathertechs in my f150 several years ago and they left a little to be desired so when I got my 08 f250 I went with husky. Better product in my opinion and only had one small fit issue. I just bought a 17 and moved the huskys from the 08 into it. The fit is not perfect, but they work and fit better than expected to the point I may not purchase a new set. 5 years old and in pretty good shape.

Az Scooter

Reaction score
Weather tech used to be a much better mat. The past few sets I have bought from them have been cheaper and cheaper, with thinner, less robust material. I put the Husky weather liners in my newest truck. I don't think it is possible for the floor to get dirty with them in.

rascal

Reaction score
I got the Huskys and love them. The rear piece fits perfectly and completely covers the back floor.

oscard0215

Reaction score
thanks for the review.. ordered mine.. installed mine and they're great!!:ford:

99F250Smitty

Reaction score
I truly wish I would have seen this thread a month ago before I got the weather techs. Those husky's look super nice. The weathertechs just seem so cheap anymore.

Latest posts

Members online