what tanks are you all running with your water/meth setups?

sasquatch24

Reaction score
looking to see if anybody is using a aftermarket aluminum/plastic tank with your water/meth setup. if so how many gallons is it? any crazy mounting locations?recently got the snow performance MPG-Max kit and I'm just not crazy about the tanks that they offer. wanting something that looks cleaner.

MrMike2010

Reaction score
When I had the snow kit on my old 6leaker I used the small tank that came with the kit. I think it was a little less then a gallon and I would burn thru the tank in like 75 miles. I had plans to change it out for a much larger one but I ended up just taking the kit off when I realized the benefits weren't what I was expecting.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Ive got mine running out the washer resevoir, which is too small.... they make like a 10gal that mounts over the tire well in the bed, which i thought would be cool, but dont wanna re run all my wiring and whatnot.

sasquatch24

Reaction score
I'm trying to find a plastic tank that would fit inside my tool box, but finding a tank with the right measurements seems to be impossible.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
My boss ha one thats like 2.5 gallons thats mounted in his tool box, i think he got it from snow. What are the dimensions of your tool box?

nighthawk285

Reaction score
I don't have mine in yet (it's sitting on the workbench waiting for spring) but I have an 8 gallon tank that I'm mounting under the bed on the passenger side. Should be out of sight, with no loss of ground clearance, and am working on a sweet hideaway solution to fill it. If this thread is still active when I get it in, I'll post pics.

US Plastic is where I got my tank. There's a TON of options out there, I started finding more once you just start searching for a "polyethylene" tank rather than a "methanol" tank. Cross-linked polyethylene is what almost everybody makes their tanks out of, and is perfect for methanol....mixed or straight. If you don't need the impact strength and rigidity that the cross linked gets you, just standard polyethylene will work just fine.

Latest posts

Members online