need HID's that won't cause problems

07powerstroke91

Reaction score
I want a set of 8000k HID's for my fog lights, and from what I have researched, basically every company out there sucks. Even the expensive brands have a good amount of negative reviews. I almost want to just go with the cheap DDM tuning that way I'm not out as much money when they do fail. Are there any good brands on the market?

Also, I've read about several people having interference with IDM's/FICM's because of them, is this true? How do you avoid it?

Super08Duty

Reaction score
I run a set of retros 55w 6000 digitals on my 7.3 and on my 6.4. No interference problems with either truck. I had 1 ballast burn out after a couple years on my 6.4 and blew a boot hard enough to destroy a bulb. But other than that they work really well. I know several people that have ran DDM hids and have had numerous problems. A buddy of mine had a cummins with them and they burnt up his lighting system. DDM wouldn't even send him new hids.

jdgleason

Reaction score
:whs:

Love my retros. I've installed several sets. 200whp_liter has them in his 6.4 and lives them too.

I'd give retro solutions a shot.

cfdeng7

Reaction score
What they said lol I Have had retro solutions 55w digitals in 2 trucks my r6 and my snowmobile. Haven't even lost a bulb yet. I will say I build my own heavy gauge wiring harness for them which I think helps reliability. Hids draw a lot on initial start up.

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
i went through 3 relays from retrosolutions until I finally just sealed the whole thing with silicone. Other than that, no issues.

yeehaw

Reaction score
Retro digital 55w 5000k in my truck for a year now, 23k miles. Nooo issues at all. Love them

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

07powerstroke91

Reaction score
Looks like retro solutions is the way to go. I've read a few bad reviews about them as well but less than other brands. I don't expect anything to be perfect, it just seems like HID's have a lot of issues

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
My DDM's have been great, are WAY cheaper than retros and have a lifetime warranty! The relay harness is a must for reliable hid's btw.

average

Reaction score
Retros in my truck, lost one ballast after a year so far. DDM in my mustang have been problem free for about 6mo.

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
i had retros and had the 55W kit headlights and fog lights. Did nothing but give me issues. replaced 2 ballast. Was told i needed more parts to keep it all working. So i cut it out and trashed it

Latest posts

Members online