05-07 or 08-12 mirrors???

shorty2tall

Reaction score
Ok so I'd like to do 05-07 or 08-2012 heated power mirrors with the turn signals I know fitting will be easy but what about wiring what all will I need to do that?
Will i need to just get a new windows/ mirrors switch? Or is there alot more to it then that?

GreasyFingers

Reaction score
I love my 08+ mirrors. You dont have to add a switch for the heat but you can if you want to. Other than that you run some wires through the door underthe dash for the blinkers and running lights. I ran my heat to the windows lock switch. It's a key on source and if I have the key on engine off and I dont want the heat on I just lock the windows. Install and wiring took me les than 2 hours,

Agjake11

Reaction score
maybe dumb question but how are my stock 04 heated mirrors activated? just when defrost is on? dont know that there is a switch for them anywhere

shorty2tall

Reaction score
ya thats what i was wondering too if the truck comes stock with them where do they wire them in? so like if i want to wire them to the defrost? or can i wire a switch just for them alone too?

shorty2tall

Reaction score
ok so do we know where they are wired too? or would i be able to wire then to my truck like is there a stock pig tail on mine for it?
and can i just put a toggle switch to them so i can have them on when i want them on?

Last edited:

da94broncodude

Reaction score
anyone know if its possible to make the factory fold and extend switches work from the new trucks on the older ones?

Agjake11

Reaction score
I think it can be done. Depends how much wiring you want to do really. I put power mirrors windows and locks on my XL f150 using aftermarket components and factory switches. Worked great but took some wiring work.

Tonka350

Reaction score
x12 on the 08 mirrors. best mod I've done so far!!!.....if you take all the others out of the equation LOL. I can see EVERYTHING using only the spot mirror. I rarely have to use the larger mirror since the bottom one is so perfectly positioned.

Chad

Arctic Fox

Reaction score
If anyone is interested I put together a word doc with the info I gathered before installing the 08+mirrors onto my 2006, it includes wiring cross reference, rocker switch info for power telescope & fold, and some photos.
Just PM me your email address and I'll forward it on

Latest posts

Members online