Air lift install help.

eng53ine

Reaction score
Helping my dad put a set of airlift 5000 bags on his truck, 2016 250 xl ccsb with factory gooseneck. Even with the short bolts they hit the hitch, if you try to run them through from the outside you can’t get the bolt in. Any advice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EPA

Reaction score
Helping my dad put a set of airlift 5000 bags on his truck, 2016 250 xl ccsb with factory gooseneck. Even with the short bolts they hit the hitch, if you try to run them through from the outside you can’t get the bolt in. Any advice?

Why not drop the hitch and put the bolts in from the inside of the frame, tighten it all down and the reinstall the hitch.. Also I think they make a different kit for the people who have a hitch. I dont own a newer superduty so I can't really visualize what you're saying.

eng53ine

Reaction score
Why not drop the hitch and put the bolts in from the inside of the frame, tighten it all down and the reinstall the hitch.. Also I think they make a different kit for the people who have a hitch. I dont own a newer superduty so I can't really visualize what you're saying.

We ended up putting spacers on the driver side, we tried to loosen up the hitch but the nut would only back off enough to spin the bolt. The passenger side had to big washers that took up extra bolt. This kit came with two different lengths of bolts, to accommodate for the hitch. Thanks for the reply

Latest posts

Members online