Valve float/slap???? PICs included

azkcr

Reaction score
Hey guys. I posted this on the org and it's been a while since I had been on over there.
Kinda died down and I'm getting no help.

Doing HGs on our 6.0 and each piston seams to have a nice impression of a valve.
They drove it for 5-7k miles with blown HGs but I don't think that's what did it.
I think over revving and high RPMs were the culprit.

It's a stick shift '06
Thoughts???

IMG_20130329_115154_003_zpsef7795e9.jpg

007_zps5016052e.jpg

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
yeap... entire valve train replacement and have the valve guides done over...

907DAVE

Reaction score
You might even check the deck with a strait edge......looks like its been well buffed.

java

Reaction score
Mine looked like that when i had a cam and over reved...

azkcr

Reaction score
Heads and valves are fine. (Supposedly to this point.. It's at Carter Machine in Amarillo, TX which is who we have used for EVERYTHING. They're good)
The block is straight and was buffed by me, with diesel and scotch brite.

Victor Seinz/Black Onyx were on it. Hence why we are doing it again... :doh:
BUT the truck made it ~70k miles on the BOs without blowing, which is more than most... WIN

And it had/has Gear Head low HP tow tuning. So sh**ty tuning is not really the culprit, but the guys driving it I imagine.

Vozar

Reaction score
Heads and valves are fine. (Supposedly to this point.. It's at Carter Machine in Amarillo, TX which is who we have used for EVERYTHING. They're good)
The block is straight and was buffed by me, with diesel and scotch brite.

Victor Seinz/Black Onyx were on it. Hence why we are doing it again... :doh:
BUT the truck made it ~70k miles on the BOs without blowing, which is more than most... WIN

And it had/has Gear Head low HP tow tuning. So sh**ty tuning is not really the culprit, but the guys driving it I imagine.

Make sure they checked valve recess or check it your self with a depth mic. Seen a few trucks with BO gaskets with PTV contact due that they are thinner than oem ford gaskets. Go back together with factory gasket .

Mdub707

Reaction score
Not surprising that it's a 6-speed. Seems the tuned manual trans trucks have this problem quite often.

azkcr

Reaction score
Oh ya, definitely got OEM gaskets ready.
When it's driven by 'tards, ya it's not surprising we're running into these problems

azkcr

Reaction score
Called Carter and they found one small crack that was "almost irrelevant". (Super shallow)
The valves all checked out and he said both heads are warped a smidge, but almost all 6.0 heads he gets are warped.
$53 to deck the heads, and we'll be slapping them on tomorrow. :rockon:

Gearhead

Reaction score
vgt drive pressure is a motherf**ker... i don't know why everyone thinks they need 40 psi of boost on their powermax.......

azkcr

Reaction score
It was running ~32psi max...
I think it was absolutely maxed out RPMs..... Sustained.. lol

quick_draw

Reaction score
I have this issue, transmission failed and motor reeved pretty high, my question is are pistons ok? With the valve indentions in them? I have new oring heads and custom aged studs this time, but not sure if I should put them on and move on or check stuff out more. Any body have input?
Please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sootie

Reaction score
I have this issue, transmission failed and motor reeved pretty high, my question is are pistons ok? With the valve indentions in them? I have new oring heads and custom aged studs this time, but not sure if I should put them on and move on or check stuff out more. Any body have input?
Please.

Valvetrain components need more help than pistons in this scenario

quick_draw

Reaction score
Valvetrain components need more help than pistons in this scenario

Soooo I should be good to go, I got kill devil oring heads with 100lb springs and the custom aged arp’s I also had blown head gaskets, motor is built pretty good, with colt stage 2 cam. Don’t want to Gernade my motor, it’s been down since last summer and I need it.

needen$77

Reaction score
I think he is saying make sure something's not bent

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online