2006 f350 steering gear leak

Diesel625

Reaction score
My 06 started to feel like it has air in the brake and steering system. The abs light comes and goes as well. About a year ago, it felt similar and I replaced the master cylinder, since it had a small leak into the cab. I also replaced the power steering pump since it was leaking as well. It seemed ok for a while but started acting up again. I know we have bad steering boxes and was wondering if that is causing the problem. It leaks right above the pitman arm as well.

Diesel625

Reaction score
My power steering pump also had a small leak, so went ahead and ordered a motorcraft replacement. The hose from the steering gear to the cooler was also leaking, so I’m going to replace that too. Hopefully that takes cares of the problem.

walkbyfaith

Reaction score
How did this go? My ABS light keeps coming on and off randomly and it appears my gear box is leaking at the pitman arm as well.

Diesel625

Reaction score
It works fine now. It’s down getting an engine built so I haven’t used it in a few months. The only problem was sometimes it made a humming sound while turning the steering wheel if the brakes were applied.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.