couple of issues

randylamarr

Reaction score
Ok guys after a deer strike I just about have my truck back on the road I have 3 issues.

First is my AC does not work charged the system can hear the switches click on and off but the clutch will not engage.

Second my parking brake indicator on the dash stays on the parking brake is not pressed and nothing is catching either.

Third the Tire pressure light is on and I can't figure out how to get it to go off.

Thanks in advance for your help

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Make sure everything is plugged in for the ac, hi pressure and low pressure switches and compressor clutch. Typically you cant hear the switches click, you can hear the clutch engage though, are you su re thats not what you are hearing? You may have had a switch die, try jumping the low pressure one, its on the accumulator.

While pulling the release handle for the park brake, pull up on the pedal to make sure it isnt pressed slightly. Check brake fluid, check park brake switch and.make.sure its not broken.

Verify air pressure in your tires, you may need to have the sensors trained.to get the light out. Try driving it around the block first after you are su re e the air pressure is right. That may make it go out.

randylamarr

Reaction score
When I put the scanner on it has an AC fault code and the clutch will not engage but will spin freely.

I have pulled up on the pedal while pulling the release and the light still stays on. How many switches are there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
If you have a fault code there is most likely something not plugged in or a broken wire somewhere. What is the code and description?

Ther is one park brake switch, its on yye assembly near the top. Brake fluid ok?

randylamarr

Reaction score
brake fluid is full and you say the switch is on the above the pedal? I can't find a damaged wire or anything unplugged

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Ok according to fords testing it is either a short to ground on the circuit from pin 57 on the smaller pcm connector, bad connection at the pcm, or the pcm itself.

randylamarr

Reaction score
Ok so I also unplugged the e-brake pedal and switch and the light is still on! Brake fluid is full but is there a wire that I should check? The display says check brake system

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Check abs sensor wires and the 3 big connectors on top of drivers side spring perch. Where was all the damage?

randylamarr

Reaction score
The damage was front passenger side hit basically between bumper and wheel and when through the wheel well

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Check your hub and abs sensor wiring. I cant remember where the harnes side runs, but there is a big harness that runs under the lower fan shroud, you may have some issues in there.

randylamarr

Reaction score
I put a new abs sensor in and the abs light went out but the check brake system and red light is still on the dash. All the wheels spin no brake is catching

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Wiring for the brake level.sensor ok? Try jumping it with a paper clip, see if it goes out. Also make sure the abs mod is plugged in fully.

randylamarr

Reaction score
Well I have found my problem the PCM has problems the AC circuit seems to be fried when i jump the compressor relay with 12 volts the compressor kicks on but when the pcm is plugged in i only get 4.3v so have found another PCM that Im going to try to see if that fixes the problem and if it does I will just have it flashed and be good to go.

Latest posts

Members online