Shocks

dillpurdy92

Reaction score
Looking to upgrade my shocks on my truck any suggestions or tips would be great. My current shocks are quickly going out and need to get away from the bouncy ride.

dillpurdy92

Reaction score
I was looking at either those or bilstein

1994.5 CCLB zf5
6637 intake, new stock turbo, 5" diomand eye turbo back exhaust, RiffRaff hpx line, RiffRaff high flow banjo bolts

sootie

Reaction score
bilestien bodies tarnish much quicker and stiffen up over time. not a good investment imo

dillpurdy92

Reaction score
bilestien bodies tarnish much quicker and stiffen up over time. not a good investment imo
Got a link to where i can buy some fox? Looks like i dont have an option

1994.5 CCLB zf5
6637 intake, new stock turbo, 5" diomand eye turbo back exhaust, RiffRaff hpx line, RiffRaff high flow banjo bolts

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
I have never had an issue with my Bilstein 5100's. Nor have I personally seen issues with them on anyone else's rig. This is actually the first time I have heard someone speak negatively about them.

patricku47

Reaction score
I've got the Bilstein 5100's on my 6.0 now and I can attest that they do get stiffer over time. My neighbor has the exact same truck with Fox 2.0's installed at near the same time and his ride is MUCH better than mine.

gnxtc2

Reaction score
I have never had an issue with my Bilstein 5100's. Nor have I personally seen issues with them on anyone else's rig. This is actually the first time I have heard someone speak negatively about them.

Justin, install a set of Foxes on your truck and you're gonna say "why haven't I done this sooner". Even the gf noticed and asked if there are Foxes available for her Exploder.

I was a firm believer in Bilstein but after installing the Fox 2.0, my mind changed.

Maybe the CA weather doesn't affect the Bilstein finish as the Northeast and colder climates does.

Billy T.
[email protected]

brewer

Reaction score
Maybe the CA weather doesn't affect the Bilstein finish as the Northeast and colder climates does.
Have had mine on over 3 years and the what seems like magchloride/sand mix they put down on the roads in the Sierra's every year has completely destroyed the finish.

Would you say it's that much of a difference to spend that money on them to replace ones that seemingly still perform decently well? Though thinking about it now I'd say the truck rides harder now than it used to but not sure if that's just hindsight. I've also considered trying U-Codes but that's another subject.

Last edited:

dillpurdy92

Reaction score
I just know the stocks i have are pretty bouncy and manways and potholes on the road are so rough its almost unbearable

1994.5 CCLB zf5

dillpurdy92

Reaction score
Anybody got a link on a good write up to get fox?

1994.5 CCLB zf5

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Justin, install a set of Foxes on your truck and you're gonna say "why haven't I done this sooner". Even the gf noticed and asked if there are Foxes available for her Exploder.

I was a firm believer in Bilstein but after installing the Fox 2.0, my mind changed.

Billy T.
[email protected]

I have no doubt the Fox shocks are nice. They are almost double the price of the Bilstein's though. I would expect for them to be nicer because of that LOL

I may try them out in the future if my Bilstein's ever wear out. They look top notch.

joe d

Reaction score
Okay so all in all what does a shock contribute to ride. Bounce? Stiffness? What all does it Really contribute.

Latest posts

Members online