Fuel Pressure Gauge

01platinum

Reaction score
Ok just installed my FP gauge and started the truck. The gauge zeroed out then came up to 50psi. After I started the truck the gauge stayed there for 3-5 seconds then moved to 60psi and slowly moved to about 64psi. Now is this normal or should it go straight to 64psi? Also what is a good PSI to run on the fuel system? I thought it was 68-70 but can't remember. I have a airdog II and a regulated return fuel system.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Zmann

Reaction score
you just installed it it will come around
Mine with just Key on engine off will go to 63 fast ,, if you leave the key on it actually times out the pump and drops psi to zero

if you fire it up it reactivates the pump and the PSI jumps back to normal

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
Air in the line. Bleed it out.

you just installed it it will come around
Mine with just Key on engine off will go to 63 fast ,, if you leave the key on it actually times out the pump and drops psi to zero

if you fire it up it reactivates the pump and the PSI jumps back to normal

What they said, my stock fuel system sits at 54-55psi though

01platinum

Reaction score
This gauge is in the cab. It is electrical so would be hard to bleed the air out. I will get it out and run this piss out of it tomorrow then see what happens. It works just wondering if it was ok stopping at 50psi then moving up after that.

Zmann

Reaction score
mine is electrical also but uses a digital gauge and it's a fast reading unit so IDK what you have exactly?
Mine doesn't stop at 50

give it a day or so and see what it does

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
i dunno Justin. I've been told that the PCM can command more fuel pressure on startup (especially cold start.) my fass is set at 65 but on start, it will spike to 70 for a few min then settle at 65. now sounds like yours is the reverse so I'm not exactly sure....

01platinum

Reaction score
Is the electric sender directly in the regulator or is there any length of hose between?

It is directly in the front of the regulator. There was a gauge there before but it broke so that is why I put one I could read in the cab.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
My truck does the same thing. I correlate it to the alternator. Only lasts a second or two after start up, then the battery gauge comes up quick, so does FP. I wouldn't worry about it.

Adjust the AirDog regulator for a little more pressure if you want.

Latest posts

Members online