05-07 front end conversion

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
So you didn't have to order bumper brackets? I am confused, I'm wanting to do the 05 swap myself and have heard different but trying to make the most of my money.

You have to have a
05'-07' bumper
AND 05'-07' bumper brackets

Nothing related to the 99'-04' front end can be re used

You'll need, all these things. 2005-2007 of course
-Bumper
-Upper bumper valance
-Lower bumper valance
-Main bumper brackets (attach bumper to the frame horn, some people like myself aren't using the additional brackets that support the sides of the bumper)
-Header panel (Unless you choose to hack up your 99'-04' header panel, which I don't recommend)
-Headlights
-Headlight adapter harness
-Grille

Hope that helps clear up any confusion.

Last edited:

V-Ref

Reaction score
i-2LFxP7j-X3.jpg

Lang

Reaction score
I'm doing this soon... Problem I'm having is locating a OEM chrome bumper with NO damage on white. Of course I can get painted but used with no damage hard to find. Any aftermarket suggestions?

K_Hood

Reaction score
I really keep going back and forth on the idea of doing this. Personally I really enjoy the look of the factory front ends on the 03-04's, and usually aren't a fan of being like everyone else and making my stuff look like a mix of 4 different generations of trucks. But the 05-07 front ends are just so nice and always make for a clean upgraded look for the older trucks. Decisions decisions.

Tonka350

Reaction score
this was one of my first major modifications I did on mine, 05-07 front end......and than it started......good luck stopping now ;-)

Chad

K_Hood

Reaction score
ry3epyra.jpg

One of my buddy's trucks, he had the original front end on it and did the conversion and it looks like a brand new truck, I think they look great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I love that look! It really does make it look like a whole new truck. Painted like that is the way I would go with mine if I do end up doing it. It's amazing what simple mods do to these trucks. Just a few pieces on the front end and even something as simple as fresh OEM badges to replace old chipped or faded ones really bring these trucks back to life.

swinky

Reaction score
ry3epyra.jpg

One of my buddy's trucks, he had the original front end on it and did the conversion and it looks like a brand new truck, I think they look great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Was the whole truck painted or just matched?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.