Relocating batteries

01platinum

Reaction score
What is all involved with relocating the batteries to the frame? Cables, battery tray so on and so on. Doors anyone have pics of this completed? Thinking it will clean under the hood a little more.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

brian89

Reaction score
what are you planning on using for the battery tray and wiring? i am thinking about doing this as well but am absolutely clueless on how i should do it or what to buy or even where to start

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
You'll need two of these and preferably two Optima batteries to go with it.

http://www.jegs.com/p/Billet-Specialties/Billet-Specialties-Battery-Mount/1269561/10002/-1

Mount them on the frame rail behind the cab, passenger side. Wiring won't be that much different, just location and changing existing wiring direction(run it to the rear vs. forward in a stock application)

You could get everything you'd need from Jeg's. One stop shop

Blowby has some pretty good pics of his drag truck setup this way. I'll have to see if I can dig them up

Cobra 19 & 54

Reaction score
Ballistic fab has a dual optima cage that works perfect. You then need to remove the cross over wiring and solder together a butt connector to go down to the new battery tray. I didn't take any pics when I did this, but I have to redo it to the drivers side for my cummins swap, so I will do so during the swap... Next month. Sorry.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.