Wheels Stuck

01platinum

Reaction score
So I went to have the tires rotated and balanced today before we leave for our trip and the tire shop could not get the rear tires off the truck. They are stuck like no other on there and will not budge. Has anyone had this problem and it so how did you get the wheels off? I am thinking if i have a tire problem on the truck I won't be able to remove them.

91turbogsx

Reaction score
I have used a OEM jack between the leaf spring and the inner lip of the wheel a few times and they always popped right off. Thats if my dead blow hammer won't do it.

blackbetty13

Reaction score
Once all the lugs are off, let the jack down slowly till the wieght of the truck breaks it loos.e As soon as the tire breaks loose tighten the jack, and lift it back up.

Jesse@MBRP

Reaction score
Once all the lugs are off, let the jack down slowly till the wieght of the truck breaks it loos.e As soon as the tire breaks loose tighten the jack, and lift it back up.

This works for me every time. I now use a touch of antiseeze on the hub and have never had an issue with any of my rigs since.

01platinum

Reaction score
They let the truck sit on the ground with no lugs on the wheels and nothing happened. Guess i will try the bottle jack between the leaf spring and wheel and see if I can break it loose that way.

91turbogsx

Reaction score
Just use common sense when you do it...thats all. If you feel you are applying too much force then you probably are. LOL

STROKER

Reaction score
this probably works for me everytime just stick a block of wood on the sie of your tire and get a big sledge and hit it as hard as you can theshock will usually break it loose

Dzchey21

Reaction score
i have had to run loose lug nuts and drive around the block once or twice, that was sketchy but it worked. common sense applies there too

BWCbuilt

Reaction score
take all the lugnuts off and drive 80 down a country road..... the wheel comes off pretty easy..... then just rebuild the hub on your axle and put the wheel back on... simple

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
If you use the jack between the wheel and leaf, still use a block of wood between the head of the jack and the rim. This will prevent the jack from bending the wheel if you get a little carried away.

00f3fiddy

Reaction score
I always get under the truck and Donkey Kick it! Just make sure you are confident that the truck is secure and wont fall! Also start 1 lug nut so if you have a strong kick the wheel wont go flyin!

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Had a obs that did this to me.. i took a 4x4 and a 10lb sledge to it for about 15 minutes per tire to get it off... hit it a few times and rotate the tire a 1/8 turn at a time. And a ****load of antisieze afterward.

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
Just ran into this problem as well. My rear duals were the worst, no way I would've gotten them off on the side of the road if I had a flat! I had to put a wedge between the tires and pound all the way around, obviously you can't. But on my fronts I just used a BFH. Definitely used lots and lots of anti seize afterword.

jdc753

Reaction score
jack sounds like the best idea but what I have always used is a large crow bar with about a 6" radius at the end. Pass the curved end in through the wheel and pry out against the rotor, has worked all the time without too much force, but certainly want some anti seize or something between the rotor and wheel.

SkySki Jason

Reaction score
It doesn't take much anti-seize to prevent this - just a dab between each stud... Ya don't really want that stuff on your studs/nuts or your brakes!

Latest posts

Members online