Front end cricket/whining noise?

fubolislif22

Reaction score
What's up guys,

Finally got my HPFP issue resolved and the truck isn't making oil any more :thumbup:. Now I've come across another issue that isn't terrible but more ANNOYING. First and foremost, this sound is not coming from building boost or the turbo's, as fluctuating the RPM's does not make the sound get louder or quieter. Its a constant sound when the wheels are rolling and even when I'm coasting into a stop with my foot off the pedal. It sounds like a constant cricket or whining noise that goes away when the truck is stopped, but happens again when I'm driving. Sounds to me like its coming from the front end somewhere, could it possibly be the front differential or possibly a bearing of some sort?? Anyone ever have issues like this? I tried searching the forum before creating this post but everything associated with that was associated with the turbos/boost.

Thanks,

C2tuck

Reaction score
That's how one of my work trucks sounded before I shelled out a front hub. I'd start there.

fubolislif22

Reaction score
That's how one of my work trucks sounded before I shelled out a front hub. I'd start there.

That could very well be the issue, did you go with a rebuild kit or did you end up buying new hubs? Not sure how pricey they are but is this something I need to take care of right away? My auto 4x4 within the truck also doesn't work unless I lock the hubs manually, but that might be more of a vacuum issue.

Thanks,

C2tuck

Reaction score
I would definitely go with a new one. I'd fix it asap as when they shell out it could be bad. There only about $300 iirc. Not too bad to put on, just time consuming. Check your u-joints while your in there. Sounds like a vacuum issue with your selector.

fubolislif22

Reaction score
I would definitely go with a new one. I'd fix it asap as when they shell out it could be bad. There only about $300 iirc. Not too bad to put on, just time consuming. Check your u-joints while your in there. Sounds like a vacuum issue with your selector.

so here is what I came across on ebay, They have sets of two and the prices range from $118-300. Do you think the set for $118 will be good? There are deals out there but I would love to hear from the enthusiasts. Anyone ever try something like the below and have good luck?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pair-2-Front-Complete-Wheel-Hub-Bearing-Ford-F-250-F-350-SD-4x4-4WD-w-ABS-/272298087322?hash=item3f663b139a:g:8zIAAOSwwo1XfKdh&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pair-Front-Replacement-Wheel-Hub-Bearing-for-05-09-Ford-F250-F350-SD-8-lug-w-ABS-/131940210913?fits=Year%3A2008%7CModel%3AF-250+Super+Duty&epid=140279797&hash=item1eb83fd8e1:g:tJkAAOSw4DJYhm3J&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2X-515081-2005-2010-Ford-F250-F350-4WD-Front-Wheel-Hub-Bearings-Assembly-w-ABS-/361996936479?hash=item5448b2e51f:g:p7QAAOSwXY5ZQbYx&vxp=mtr

sootie

Reaction score
could it be a stone caught in the dirt shield behind the rotor?

Jomax

Reaction score
I've had a slight squeak come and go on the driver side hub since 7k miles. Every time I took it to the dealer, no squeak. I'd only hear it in a drive thru with the window down or driving in a parking lot slowly with the window down.

At 111k now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fubolislif22

Reaction score
Ya, unless it gets worse or I hear/see something noticeable maybe ill go ahead and change it. Do you think those hubs In the links I provided are worthy enough, or just cheap crappy parts?

Jomax

Reaction score
I personally would only use Ford hubs. Check with sunrise ford on here for a price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online