Speedo Calibrations

Bigharm27

Reaction score
I tried searching for it first and if any one knows of a thread with the answer just post it and ill go and read it. 2012 with 37 inch tires. Running a H&S tuner and wondering if there is any fix. Looks like hypertech has a device that corrects up to 54s. Can I use this with my current tuner? Current speed is 5mph over than what Speedo reads. thanks

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
Yes hypertech will work fine in your application. You mivht be able to calculate the effective ratio of the factory tire and gear ratio and to what your current setup is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Bigharm27

Reaction score
Yes hypertech will work fine in your application. You mivht be able to calculate the effective ratio of the factory tire and gear ratio and to what your current setup is.

ok so on the hypertech it supposedly only goes to 34 inches but u can change the gearing input. do u know where a calculator is to figure that up and play with the different gear ratios and tire sizes to get me where I need to be. I guess that's what ur talking about?

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
Agreed have used half dozen times on customers trucks two with 40's. For calculators use randys ring and pinion.

BigRed97

Reaction score
Says No upper limit

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170706-112841.jpg
    Screenshot_20170706-112841.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 56

Bigharm27

Reaction score
Agreed have used half dozen times on customers trucks two with 40's. For calculators use randys ring and pinion.

OK IT SEEMS BIG RED IS USING THE CABLE THAT PLUGS INTO THE CLUSTER AND YOU ARE USING THE ELECTRONIC SPEEDO CALIBRATOR? WOULD LIKE TO FIND OUT HOW TO USE THE ELECTRONIC DEVICE IF POSSIBLE BUT HAVE NO IDEA HOW THE CALCULATIONS ON RANDYS GO INTO THE DEVICE. CAN U EXPLAIN A LITTLE MORE? THANKS

Reaction score
Quit screaming at us!
Get the one BigRed is suggesting. I'm running the same one and it works like a charm with my 37's. Connect it to a laptop, punch in the required settings and then plug it inline with the speedo cable. If running a tuner leave tuner options set to the stock settings.

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
Pops has good information. Its easy.