What brake pads are rotors are the best for 2013

C2tuck

Reaction score
I put EBC drilled and slotted rotors and green pads on one of my cars and I'll be taking them off. They didn't stop much better than factory and after 15k miles they make noise, like you can hear the pads catching on the slots when you aren't braking. Weird.

kcpanages

Reaction score
How does it stop?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5k miles on them....... stops a lot better then stock......... doesn't fade out......... very touchy in stop and go traffic......... but, I'm not a to the floor from stop sign to stop sign person............... I just try to remind my self that I drive a full size HD truck, not a Ford Focus.........

JRLott

Reaction score
Running the Green 6000 in the rear and green 7000 supreme in front on the factory rotors. I have about 300 miles on them now and have had to shut it down in a hurry twice. Both times it stopped significantly sooner than I have been accustomed. Main thing I desire is less brake dust and no damn noise, with at least the same performance as OEM. If I can get better stopping in addition, it's a win win. Only time will tell on the brake dust or if I should have gone with Wagoner Thermoquiet.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I have EBC green stuff pads on both the front and rear of my truck, they dust a little less than stock, but still more than what I would like. There have been times I have been well over the capacity of the factory brakes but that was my own fault as well. I have had the pads on for about 30-35K miles though and still quite a bit left.

JRLott

Reaction score
I have EBC green stuff pads on both the front and rear of my truck, they dust a little less than stock, but still more than what I would like. There have been times I have been well over the capacity of the factory brakes but that was my own fault as well. I have had the pads on for about 30-35K miles though and still quite a bit left.

Thanks. Not exactly what I wanted to hear, but too late now. My factory brakes were getting thinner than I like at 38k so they needed to be changed anyway.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Thanks. Not exactly what I wanted to hear, but too late now. My factory brakes were getting thinner than I like at 38k so they needed to be changed anyway.
holy chit.. im still running the factory oem pads rotors and calipers in front and only did pads in rear with the factory oem rotors and calipers and im currently at 103k miles.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Jomax

Reaction score
holy chit.. im still running the factory oem pads rotors and calipers in front and only did pads in rear with the factory oem rotors and calipers and im currently at 103k miles.

I put new pads at 50k and rotors because I went metal to metal (didn't think I was that close). Now at 109k, pads are about done and I warped my rotors. LOL

JRLott

Reaction score
Fronts were still decent, but wear was a bit uneven inside v outside. Figured if I was gonna go to the trouble of greasing the pins, I might as well change the pads rather than changing them in a few thousand miles, or having to buy rotors because I let them go too long. Rears were fine, but I went ahead and changed them, greased pins, and drained and filled the brake fluid

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Fronts were still decent, but wear was a bit uneven inside v outside. Figured if I was gonna go to the trouble of greasing the pins, I might as well change the pads rather than changing them in a few thousand miles, or having to buy rotors because I let them go too long. Rears were fine, but I went ahead and changed them, greased pins, and drained and filled the brake fluid
makes sense

kcpanages

Reaction score
I put new pads at 50k and rotors because I went metal to metal (didn't think I was that close). Now at 109k, pads are about done and I warped my rotors. LOL

Now...... with the EBC, I have less dust, but with it being a tan dust...... I have to wash my rims every couple of days (black rims)