Fan clutch issues or morning sickness

The-Fett

Reaction score
My 2011 f250 has been having fan clutch issues(staying on all the time) but it's only in 95+ and with the a.c. on working down on the Texas/New Mexico border. When I came back to Colorado and the temps drip down in to the mid 60's in the am I don't have a problem with the fan kicking on and staying on. I read somewhere on here and haven't been able to find it that there might be a sensor I need to check. The sensor on the fan is good from what I can tell no cracks, fraying or melting. Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The-Fett

Reaction score
So I'm guessing that I just need tho replace the fan clutch?

Jonnydime

Reaction score
Cool sig LOL
You do realize that in order for the ac to work you need air moving across the condenser?

Jomax

Reaction score
Have you ever heard an ecoboost with the A/C and it idling? The fans are louder then my truck..

I think your truck is just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The-Fett

Reaction score
Cool sig LOL
You do realize that in order for the ac to work you need air moving across the condenser?
Yes but didn't think that the fan would be on at all times ie past 65 on the higbway

The-Fett

Reaction score
Have you ever heard an ecoboost with the A/C and it idling? The fans are louder then my truck..

I think your truck is just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes but didn't think the fan would be needed past a certain speed

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Is it on when youfirst start the truck? If so, before starting it, see how hard it is to turn by hand with the truck off. If it has a decent amount of resistance, you probably need a fan clutch.

The-Fett

Reaction score
Is it on when youfirst start the truck? If so, before starting it, see how hard it is to turn by hand with the truck off. If it has a decent amount of resistance, you probably need a fan clutch.
Thanks for the heads up ill give it a try

NCSU dirt man

Reaction score
my fan has started running almost nonstop here in NC since about June and will continue to do so until it starts to get back to the higher 80's in October

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.