In channel vent visors

Brian22

Reaction score
I had a set of these laying around (weathertech brand). I decided to put them on the truck, look and fit is good but the front windows are difficult to roll up all the way. The safety feature kicks in and starts rolling the windows back down. I managed to get the windows all the way up by pushing the windows up with my hands on each side to get that last half inch or so. Rear windows go up fine without issue.

I know the keep the windows up for at least a week.

Question is, are they always going to be this difficult with that safety feature?

sootie

Reaction score
We no longer sell them for that reason. If you leave them up in the hot sun it will get better but they will always be finicky. Also have had them scratch tint which sucks.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I have the in channel ones and have cracked my back windows and got to where I was going to notice one of them and fallen out after I opened my window. I still use them because on my last truck I had issues with the stick on ones too.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
i actually prefer the in channel ones....i think it looks cleaner. i usually will install em, and leave the windows up for a few days and they seem to do pretty well.

TrickTruck

Reaction score
I have them too.

Chamfered the leading edges where the window goes in. Used a little (very little) dielectric grease on the leading edge too.

In the beginning it tripped the safety pretty often, but now it's quite rare.

I like them.

The front ones came with no double sided tape so I asked weathertech for some and they sent it to me - 2 rolls, no charge. Added this to mine and it works better.

Brian22

Reaction score
They seem to be working better today. Rolled down the drivers window a little bit on my way home from work. I'm so used to opening the window a little while using my e-cig that I didn't even think about it.

I'll have to be more mindful to keep the windows closed as much as possible the next few days.