Anyone running No Limit st 2 w/ Streetmax

Reaction score
I have the Street max x with sotf and an afe intake and was wondering if anyone with a streetmax has upgraded to a no limit s2 intake and if they saw any increase? When I was just ******d with a non vgt I had a stage 2 and noticed a lag at take off so I sold it. With this new turbo I was just wondering if it would make a difference?

I've also noticed with the streetmax x and sotf the veins seem to always be closed at idle. Anyone notice this and is it normal?

ImAti0n

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but that lag with a non vgt is normal. You should have contacted your tuner prior to selling the stage 2 and see if they could have adjusted the lower end to make up for the lag.

I don't know how the AFE flows but I would recommend a stage 2 over it. Gonna be pushing a lot more air than that AFE.

Who are your tunes from? They should be able to adjust the vein position at idle through tuning. I have mine tuned to stay open at idle. (Stock 15 charger)

Sent from your mom's house using Tapathatass

sootie

Reaction score
I run a stage 2 with streetmax. Works fine. And yes, I have vanes closed at idle also.

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
Stage II is an afe filter. A non vgt bs a comparable sized vgt turbo will always spool slower. Your filter whether stg I or stg II will not make a noticeable difference when taking off from a stop or tip in. The difference in the sizes of cai are more noticeable on the top end when more flow is needed.

Reaction score
The stage 2 was definitely laggier than the afe on the non vgt but after it lit it would accelerate hard. I've heard of a few others who had a similar issue but I was just wondering how the stage 2 did with the streetmax. I have an intercooler piping kit with a 4" intake tube so I could just buy the filter and it'd be like a stage 1.

Why would the no limit sotf tunes have the veins like that but Midwest's tunes don't? I do like the sotf but I have do have some turbo flutter in 5th and 6th gear when I let off after accelerating or if it's in too high a gear and I try to accelerate with out it downshifting.

The streetmax x is an awesome turbo and I'd definitely recommend it to anyone wanting to upgrade.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
All of your issues were tuning related. You must compensate in the tuning for the larger intake tube. The air flowing across the MAF sensor is slower in a 5 inch pipe rather than a 4 inch pipe that is the reason you had the lag.

I ran a Stage 2 and a Streetmax and loved it. I would say with that turbo there are some gains. Is your current filter set up pulling in the filter minder?

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
You will notice gains, the streetmax can definitely take advantage of the extra flow! This is an older screenshot of a comparison on a 11-14 truck with the sst turbo from what I remember. Let me know if you have any questions!

Attachments

• IMG_6933.JPG
    IMG_6933.JPG
    100.8 KB · Views: 102

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.