2011 6.7 s366 needs to know

Reaction score
Hey guys, as some of you know I took out the bottom end in my 6.7. Oil is full of shavings. Truck's on it's way to a diesel shop for a brand new bottom end and H and S ******s. Mechanic told me though to not be surprised if turbo was shot if that contaminated oil was pumped through it. I've been throwing around ideas and I always like the idea of an s366, they're proven and affordable. It seems that all that's needed hardware wise is a t3 to t4 adapter plate, but I'm wondering about tuning, what's needed to make the truck go from a vgt to a conventional turbo?
btw, I'm going for a very mild build, Just looking for 450 or so rwhp and great spool and low temps, not opposed to using something else on the s300 chassis.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
If you're using an H&S device all you neee is an MCC unlock and custom tunes for non - vgt , we do a package deal for them @ $450 .

As for outing the turbo ... certainly ALOT more than just an adapter plate , you will have your hands full if you're building your own kit. For the price of an sxe kit you may wanna check out that option. 66 is a little on the large side for stock fuel 11-14 , 63 or 64.5 are much funner. Let me know if you have any questions.

Reaction score
All the work will be getting done by the shop that's doing the rebuild. He has an unlocked H&S that he uses for ****** tunings, so I'll just be running a single tune all the time. What's all involved in going to a t4, do manifolds need to be replaced too? What about a t3 style s300 turbo? I found some just through some quick googling, same price as a t4 mounted one. Seems like an easy way to go about it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
At 800 bucks or so an s366 or s300 chassis is a very affordable option. I'm not looking to kill the game, I'm only on stock fuel so I won't be setting record hp numbers. Trucks a daily and might see a sled once, hopefully a track and a trailer on the weekends so I just need something solid and affordable.

50_shooter

Reaction score
A 64 will make way more power than you are asking for with enough fuel. All I can tell you is that when I bought my kit from Elite I was amazed at the amount of stuff it consisted of. I would buy a kit that is already engineered rather than trying to figure it out on your own. You are going to have more money in it than you think. It's not just a matter of pulling old turbo and putting adapter and new turbo on...

sootie

Reaction score
Why go non vgt? A retro kit and 65.5mm streetmaxR will give you 600hp and still spool like stock etc. Why not go that route?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Why go non vgt? A retro kit and 65.5mm streetmaxR will give you 600hp and still spool like stock etc. Why not go that route?

not with stock fuel. 540 if you're lucky .

op- you will need up pipes, oil lines, oil drain, pedestal and all nevessary hardware, downpipe, etc. for the price of a budget kit, that's already done for you , it's very hard to beat . building your own kit may entail some regrets, unless you are really handy and enjoy the challenge .

as for the tuning, that kinda tuning is risky , you are basically married to whatever is in the truck at that time, and you will want different tune levels with a setup like that. i would definitely consider just getting a minimaxx and mcc . nothing in this game is exactly cheap, but if you plan it right you can do it pretty affordably . the tuning will need to be totally custom for this setup .

mikeeg02

Reaction score
At 800 bucks or so an s366 or s300 chassis is a very affordable option. I'm not looking to kill the game, I'm only on stock fuel so I won't be setting record hp numbers. Trucks a daily and might see a sled once, hopefully a track and a trailer on the weekends so I just need something solid and affordable.

A 366sxe with turbine housing can be had for ~750. (about 600 super core) And a 364.5 with a turbine housing can be had for ~20 less. And they already have the 360 thrust, and better comp housing. Most reports on the old 66s are laggy.

getstroked27

Reaction score
What Mike said.... You will need a full kit to make the turbo work. The stock turbo is not a T3 flange, so no "adapter plate" will make it work, nor will it just fall into place. If that were the case, no one would have spent months developing complete turbo kits. You need base pedestal, up pipes, oil feed, and a bunch more small items to make it work. 63 or 64.5SXE will both provide more air than your fuel system can support, so at that point you just need to decide which route you want to go to fit your needs. 15 pump and a 64.5 will put you just north of 600, which is where most want to be without having to worry about throwing a rod.

mikeeg02

Reaction score
Stock turbo uses an "up-pipe" from each bank that gets vbanded into the exhaust housing itself. Not a flanged collector.

F131965461.jpg

sootie

Reaction score
you would still need a turbo, an intake, hot and cold side piping, upipes, downpipe etc. Plus if you are using a 400 frame turbo, i bet you will need fueling mods to get it to spool.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
i used the turbonetics T4 dmax pedestal for my precision kit. like i said and everybody else has reverberated, it's just not as easy as it seems.

Reaction score
I have to agree Mike. I guess I wasn't as well versed in these trucks as I thought. If the turbo's shot I'll have to have a serious discussion with my mechanic on options and whether a 205 turbo is a more affordable bet or not.

mikeeg02

Reaction score
Mike has a 2015 kit, and its pretty sweet. And a great price. I used it on my company 2011 450. Truck runs pretty good with the '15 setup.

Latest posts

Members online