6.7 Coolant Flush

Horsemover

Reaction score
Curious what needs done...can you dump both systems and refill. I think local dealer wants $500 plus for full service. Assuming many have reached this point. I know drain and fill isn't going to remove all but even a dump, fill with distilled water, bring to temp, dump and fill has to get 85-90%. What's everyone doing?

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
there is drain on back of block. just basically a flush and the refill after reaching operating temp. there is a flush ford uses to get **** out of system

maxxedout

Reaction score
Rather than wait until the coolant needed to be flushed, I always drained both cooling systems every 30k and refilled them with Ford pre mixed coolant. If you're changing +/- 50% every 30k, I don't see the need to actually flush the system unless there's evidence of a problem. Just my two cents though.

Horsemover

Reaction score
Rather than wait until the coolant needed to be flushed, I always drained both cooling systems every 30k and refilled them with Ford pre mixed coolant. If you're changing +/- 50% every 30k, I don't see the need to actually flush the system unless there's evidence of a problem. Just my two cents though.

Did you just drain both petcocks and top off?

Jomax

Reaction score
Did you just drain both petcocks and top off?

I drained and filled with Distilled water and ran it for a day. Then drained and filled with the appropriate concentrate then topped off with distilled water. I did this at 36k. At 72k all I did was drain and fill. Getting ready for another flush, this time I'll probably do the same as I did at 36k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

powerstrokelyfe

Reaction score

Exactly what I just did a few weeks ago. It's easy enough for yourself to do it.

Nj67

Reaction score
Is this what you used?
e3355af5db8041c1f7b4f5d473b9c626.png

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

maxxedout

Reaction score
That's the concentrated/full strength coolant.

I've always used the pre-diluted stuff because my tap water is hard and I don't keep jugs of distalled water around.

Nj67

Reaction score
That's the concentrated/full strength coolant.

I've always used the pre-diluted stuff because my tap water is hard and I don't keep jugs of distalled water around.
The wording is what I was trying to show. The picture that belongs to the wording would be under it. Picture of coolant goes with above wording. Guess I should've explained that.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online