King shocks question

C2tuck

Reaction score
So I'm planning on staying stock height with some forces with 285/55/22. I'm wanting to possibly go with the kings to get a lot better ride. My question is with the kings, if I decide to level, or do a 3" lift down the road can they be adjusted or will I have to buy all new shocks?

Thanks in advance

Jomax

Reaction score
Are you asking if a shock will work for stock height all the way to 3in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sootie

Reaction score
No. If you level or lift the truck, you will need longer shocks. With the tire size you propose, you will have no rubbing issues at all at stock height though. (I'm assuming a 10 or 11 in wide rim)

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
2" lift/level seem to be the limit for a stock sized shock. Of course this depends on how you use the truck. Daily street driving would be fine, you may feel certain conditions aren't the best. Take it down a trail, power line access or other wash out road you are going to do damage to the shock.

Jomax

Reaction score
To be safe, a 1.5in lift is the max I would go with stock sized shocks.

C2tuck

Reaction score
Ok. Thanks guys. I've heard mixed reviews on the fox 2.0's making that big a difference and I've heard nothing but great things about the kings. The reason I asked was because every time I've put bilsteins on the say "0-2" lift". Wasn't sure if the kings where the same way.

Jomax

Reaction score
Ok. Thanks guys. I've heard mixed reviews on the fox 2.0's making that big a difference and I've heard nothing but great things about the kings. The reason I asked was because every time I've put bilsteins on the say "0-2" lift". Wasn't sure if the kings where the same way.

2in would probably be ok as well. I had fox before I went to king, sold them to my buddy locally. They were a great shock for the money, and way better then the stocker ranchos

Kings are well king. Lol

C2tuck

Reaction score
Yea...like I've said previously, I plan on having this truck for quite a while so I want to do it all right the first time. Thanks for the input guys. Do they come preset?

Jomax

Reaction score
Yea...like I've said previously, I plan on having this truck for quite a while so I want to do it all right the first time. Thanks for the input guys. Do they come preset?

Zero adjustment for the king shocks. IMO if ou plan on a leveling kit. Just get a carli king pin top kit and be done. It's well worth it.

Jomax

Reaction score
I don't plan on it... but you know how we change our minds...

Im over the lifted scene for now, so nice loading up the bed, getting in the truck, and fitting places. In a lowered truck, Plus it rides amazing.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
FYI the king 2.5 bypass rate from 0-3.5" of lift, that's what they are valved for. they work just fine for up to 2" of drop as well, as long as you dont plan to beat the snot out of the bump stops.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.