Torque converter lockup switch

stroker_colony

Reaction score
I have a 99 f350 7.3 4r100 trans I installed the lockup switch today. It's nothing fancy, I just tapped into the wire from the TCC solenoid and the PCM and ran that to a switch and ran a ground wire to the switch to ground out the signal and lock the torque converter up and it works fantastic. But my OD Off light flashes. I've heard that these trucks do that to tell you your TC is slipping or going out, or is it more likely just because I'm blocking the signal to the TCC solenoid? And if it's just because of the blocked signal is there some sort of override or resistor I can install, not a fan of the flashing.
Also anyone with experience with these. Can you tell me of a way to override the switch when the trans is trying to shift? I know that people have been able to do it I just need pointed in the right direction.

stroker_colony

Reaction score
I couldn't make much sense of that diagram..im not much on electrical. Hope it's not as complicated as that looks

PsdPullerJr

Reaction score
I have a 3 way switch on my truck for pulling. Normal, unlock, and lock. Od light flashes when I put it in the unlock position just before a pull. Doesn't flash in the normal setting where the pcm has full control of the TC.

Powerstroker7.3

Reaction score
Unlock the converter at the end of the track to try and get a little more rpm for more distance when sled pulling. Zack pierce used to run a 3 way switch as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stroker_colony

Reaction score
How do you go about unlocking the TC on demand? Lockup is easy enough..so do you just reverse a lock and send lower to the solenoid

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.