billet cam

bnestock

Reaction score
Just wondering if any body has ran the colt billet cam on their psd? Pros cons and if uve ran it with a non vgt how much did it help spool.

JGman141

Reaction score
Yea same here. Did u get ur pistons cut?

Nope I sure didn't, I talked with a tech from colt cams for an hour about that. He said that he currently runs a stage 2 cam in his dd with no fly cutting and has zero issues. I also wasn't a fan of giving up any compression.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
We've sold around 100 Stage 2 Billets.

They do great

We always recommend checking clearances if you dont do valve reliefs, because we have seen contact on some vehicles

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
We've sold around 100 Stage 2 Billets.

They do great

We always recommend checking clearances if you dont do valve reliefs, because we have seen contact on some vehicles
They are very nice cam we use them on all our builds but I would do valve reliefs for the piece of mind

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
They are very nice cam we use them on all our builds but I would do valve reliefs for the piece of mind

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Exact same thing I tell everyone of my customers!

Realistically you can run a 0.060" Valve Relief intake and exhaust.

We did a standard 0.100" Valve Relief before because of a couple trucks having contact but we determined the heads were machined too much

Trucks with the 0.100" will have a slight loss and may haze very slightly until operating temperature is reached, with a .060 the difference is very minimal, very minimal cold haze.

bnestock

Reaction score
Yea I had my pistons fly cut for the piece of mind then also delipped and coated.... I'm ready to get my motor back so I can stuff it in the truck an see what it will do.

6 L chevy eater

Reaction score
I picked up a stage 2 colt cam from Jared at river city, & I will say it helped spool up some, the biggest thing I noticed was an EGT drop across board.

bnestock

Reaction score
That's good, I'm anxious to get the motor back and everything else an see how the truck runs... my best so far was an 8.1 in the 8th just studded, deleted, stock turbo with 175/100s and some nitrous. Hopen to do a lot better the next go around.

bnestock

Reaction score
That's awesome, hopefully everything is good I'ma run it a couple thousand miles with my injectors an prolly stock vgt charger, then switch to my non vgt I got, and prolly 250/100 injectors and one of ur thumper 2 hpops. An go for broke.

bnestock

Reaction score
I honestly don't know. All stuff I'm going to find out when I pick up my motor from morgan, even if there's not after dropping the cash on it ima be taking it easy for a while.

HOLDERDOWN

Reaction score
I have the stage 3 and love it...yes I had to flycut. I have a S475 and that cam helps a lot with spool.

Had stage 2 without flycut in my Excursion (sold the cam) and loved it also.

HobbyStock62

Reaction score
How badly would cam size effect how it idles in the winter? Like Minnesota temps. Will the thing die or will it start like stock?

ford rules

Reaction score
Its not the cam that makes a difference in cold weather as far as start up ETC.
Its the loss of compression due to the valve reliefs, Someone correct me if im wrong.

Like others have said its probably not gonna be enough to even tell really, maybe a little more haze until the truck gets warm. But hell all our stock 6.0's haze in the winter until warm anyways.