700 hp goal build

gnxtc2

Reaction score
Yeah Power joke already answered that at top the page. Basically sounds like was being a no good piece of **** crackhead. "Cocaines a Helluva Drug"

Probably more like heroin and/or meth or even that crocodile stuff.

Lesions are probably from whatever crap he's shooting up.

What's even more messed up is that he has a kid with Cassie.

Billy T.
[email protected]

powerjoke73

Reaction score
No way he has a kid with her?!?!?!?!

I swear everytime I get on here to check the thread DynoProven’s flashing advertisement comes up right away.

chpdeezalfreek

Reaction score
Hello everyone, just wanted to stop in and elaborate on the DP fiasco. I have been dealing w/ the Jones' since they were at Beans back in 2009. When I opened on my own in '12 they approached me to be a dealer for the product line, to which I agreed. Over the last few years, like many, I have never had a single issue up until the recent months. Things were slow here in KY this past summer, so at his request I closed down to let clientele build up, and to help Jonathan get caught up because of personal matters, and employee matters.

I arrived in late June and stayed until the 1st week of August, and basically emptied the parking lot by myself in the process. I met and worked for several great people, @powerjoke73 being one of them. Jonathan was doing his best to get me to stay and run his business, promising a very healthy salary and benefits, but something seemed off, something I hadn't noticed in what had been strictly phone orders for almost 6 years. I made my first trip down there for a dyno day last year, and was not impressed with the location, very ghetto, and very shady; however, when asked to come help, I didn't hesitate because he had always been there to help me, or direct me in what steps I needed to take. Things were alright for the most part, but I kept seeing him leave, well more like disappearing for hours and leaving everyone else to figure out what needed to be done, which is poor leadership in my opinion. On top of that, he was asking us to remove parts from his truck, or another person's truck, and install them on customer trucks, I put a stop to that immediately, and refused to proceed. If a customer orders a new part, that's what they get, bottom line, no exceptions. Money became an issue, people's checks were bouncing, parts weren't getting ordered, bill's weren't being paid, and people were getting testy. If he can't pay the people he has now, how can he promise me the salary he's pushing?

We also got into a fight over @powerjoke73's truck, and how he wanted me to install the fuel system, both @powerjoke73 and his father were there to see me loose my temper and walk off, and it was only 3 days later that I left. Fast forward to coming back to CHP...I absolutely do not work on Duramax powered truck unless it's tuning, or suspension lifts, I started working for a combined Ford/Dodge dealership in '04, so my background is strictly PSD & CTD. A customer who's truck I installed a 6.5" suspension lift and Dyno Proven EFI Live on brought me a stack of cash and wouldn't take no for an answer. He wouldn't let anyone else touch the truck because even though it would take me longer due to inexperience, he knew it would be done correctly. He paid up front for a PPE Stage 5 tranny w/ triple disc converter, 64mm billet wheel charger, and a set of 100HP injectors. The injectors were ordered from DDP, no issues there, Lenny & his crew are more than awesome. The transmixer and turbinator were ordered from DP, and that's when the real f***ery began for me. He delivered what appeared to be a freshly rebuild transmission, and the parts to build a turbo, to which he built on the spot in my facility. I paid the man, he left, only to never really be heard from again...This was mid October...

Installed everything without issue, fired the truck up, sounded great, throttle was great, but the transmixer was locked in limp mode w/ 20+ TCM codes. We attempted to get with Jonathan but that lead to no answers, read but unresponded texts, and "he's not here" when Sherry would decide to answer the shop phone. My customer drove down to DP 3 times and was fed all kinds of BS, and at one point, Jonathan had convinced him that I screwed him, took him for a fool, and overcharged him for used parts...I was ready to head south but couldn't due to work load, and it's probably a good thing I didn't because I would have hurt him...bad...After it was all said and done, not only is the transmission a 6 speed Allison rather than the needed 5 speed, but it was rebuilt over a year ago, and was removed from a truck that belongs to a customer of his that's currently in jail for quite a while, so guess who's in possession of stolen property?...This guy...Jones tried saying he had a mechanics lean on the truck and he could do whatever he wanted with it, turns out he in fact that he did not, he was selling other people's property to pay for whatever? I contacted my local law, and my county attorney, they assured me that I have nothing to worry about, a case in KY was opened, pictures, serial numbers, and documentation was made by my local authorities, however nothing could be done because no one could prove it stolen (owner is in jail) and there would have to be a case made in GA first.

My dumb *** took the dually in my sig down there to finish the build, and tune it, which never happened, but I do have it, and some of my parts back here in KY now. I received a message from a customer I had done a lot of work for down there stating that Jones was selling everything on FB, and moving, and sent me pictures of the private post. I immediately jumped in the truck and hit the road with the title to my truck, my parts list, and notified the Rossville PD who I was, what I was doing, and what I was coming for, because I'll be damned if he sells my s**t behind my back. Long story short, it took him 4 hours to come out of the house, he avoided me, and pretty much everyone with excuses of "i'll be right back" "let me take care of this" "i need to look at something real quick" etc. etc....I was there with about 30 other people at one time trying to collect parts, money, or a good right cross, and then it happened, he managed to disappear for about 20 minutes, and then all of a sudden he was at his house next door in cuffs. Show was over after that, nothing anybody could do.

Since then I've been down there 4 times with people I met over the summer in an attempt to get their legally owned belongings back to them. This last time was with @powerjoke73's father in an attempt to recovery whatever we could. We spoke with the detective face to face for over an hour, gave statements, filed cases, presented the transmission deal on my end to open the investigation and file charges, and was told to our face "I've chased all the leads I have found, searched all over the area and I have no idea where he is or where the trucks and parts are, and quite frankly you're wasting your time."....Remember when I said he was really trying to talk me into staying and running DP? Well he took me and showed me all kinds of places, met all kinds of people, all the different shops he sends things too, everything in an attempt to show me how awesome it was down there. What he didn't plan on was not only am I a farm boy, but my father and his father are both lifetime old school truck drivers...I have a photographic memory, and if you take me anywhere in the world, I can find my way back.

After speaking with several people and chasing down tow truck operators, they gave me a description of a place I had been before, but didn't have an exact address. I did some more digging and was able to get a landmark within 4 miles of the place, and that's all I needed, I knew exactly where to go, and when we got there it was like hitting the lottery. We immediately called the detective, he didn't believe us, said there was no way, so he was texted the location and pictures of the trucks parked in a mud field and hidden in the woods. After loading the truck we went after, he actually showed up and was very evasive and jumpy, and would not talk to me, but I wouldn't talk to me either if I did what he had done. So now I am purchasing a legit PPE Stage 5 from PPE, which is what I should have to begin with, but as I stated, I'm not a Dmax guy (tampoon wagons if you ask me) as well as filing charges against him for all of this. I don't care at all to make it up to my customer, that's what I was raised to do, but when you're a 32 year old sole business owner, no bank money, no family money, no investors, working and doing all of it out of your own back pocket it's a big hit.

It really sucks that somebody I looked up to for so long turned out to be such a piece of s**t. At one point he had me convinced that he was closing DP and moving all of the manufacturing equipment and dyno to my facility so "Cooper High Performance will blow up and make a name in the industry"...I was on cloud 9 you guys, finally all of my hard work, long hours, and soul pouring efforts were going to pay off, I would no longer be a small town one man show...Got dang was I ever wrong, and for the first time I was actually more than happy to be wrong.

If anybody has any questions or want more information, just hit me up on here or on FB, and i'll try to get back to you as quickly as possible. I'm not a big social media person, so if I don't reply immediately, I will as soon as I can. Thank you and God bless.

Shaun Cooper - Cooper High Performance

superpsd

Reaction score
Thanks for the open response. I hope as time goes by many more may be able to recover maybe some of the stolen property..

powerjoke73

Reaction score
Once Jonathan found out I was going to be an engineer, he fed me the same lines he gave Cooper Performance. He wanted to hire me to CNC partsfor him/design them and help him with tuning. And I love the diesel truck world so I was really excited to try to get into the industry.

chpdeezalfreek

Reaction score
Shawn from cooper is a dang good guy! Where are you located? I'm about 1.5hrs from Shawn and do his local cruisee for kids every year. Sorry to hear about your issues with your truck bud. Would love to see other quick 7.3s in the area

Thanks for the kind words Tim, it's greatly appreciated! I try my best to treat everyone the way I would want to be treated, and provide the best service possible. Hope to see you again for our 2018 Truck or Treat!

hucorey

Reaction score
Holy ****in ****balls.. that is horrible. I never would have thought johnathan would have ever done this sort of thing.

live life full throttle
I seen it coming years ago. But too many nutswingers would've flamed me for it. So I just bit my tongue.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

V-Ref

Reaction score
It starts with businesses that have better things to do than answer or return calls from there potential/current customers.

If people would just stop right there. If you leave a message, and they don't call back, take your $$$ elsewhere. DP would've folded up a long time ago.

I'm sorry this happened to you PJ73.

chpdeezalfreek

Reaction score
I apologize if I seem to be beating a dead horse, but I just wanted to provide an update on the DP fiasco. Jones has been arrested again, this time rather than drugs, it's 2 counts of "Theft By Conversion". According to GA state law, TBC is obtaining another person's property or funds, and then unlawfully converting it for your own use or benefit. In KY we just call it theft or theft by deception. If under $500 it is handled as a misdemeanor and punishable up to 12 months, but if greater than $500 it is tried as a felony with 1-10 years behind bars, and up to 20 years for a second offense.

Again, I apologize for beating the horse, I only want those involved or know of someone involved to know what is going on. I'm not sure which customer(s) have seen this through, but myself, my business, and my customer will also be doing the same for similar charges as well as stolen property.

emev0l

Reaction score
Sometimes a dead horse needs beating, if it helps one person out it was worth it, thanks for taking the time to keep us informed!

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Dam... that really sucks to hear. I have dealt with johnathan face to face and many times over the phone. I never would have guessed that he would have turned out this way. I hope everyone gets their belongings back and finds a better shop to do the work.

live life full throttle

powerjoke73

Reaction score
List of stuff I was able to find. I will post in classifieds later but let me know if you are interested in any of the below:
Colt stage 2 cam
carillo rods
ff19 20x12 rims with nitto 420s
billet tapered intake plenums
fluidampener
girdle
reworked crank
studs (can't remember but pretty sure head studs)
transmission - this is supposed to be a stage 3 with stage 4 clutches. I bought it off of Jonathan and I have 6k in it. I don't know if it really is that so I can't guarantee anything. I would take 3k for it if you wanted to take the chance.
0.02 over block that had been completely gone through. partially filled (potential buyer but not sure)

Thats about it. I am piecing out the roller truck also. it was a 2000 regular cab lariat. Can I get your phone number to send picture of tracking number?

powerjoke73

Reaction score
Just wanted to say thank you to everyone involved in this thread. I'm obviously parting out the few things I have and will probably just end up taking the old truck to a scrap yard. Not happy with the way this went down but I have gotten the insurance company involved. It won't be for awhile but hopefully we can get some money back. Again, I can't thank you guys enough for the tips and knowledge given during this time. I have met/gotten in contact with a couple of you and it was just awesome. I am going to buy a 2015 golf tdi in the mean time so that I can actually have a reliable vehicle. I think I am going to do the work myself or work on finding better shops :hammer:

powerjoke73

Reaction score
If anyone is interested in spare parts from the truck let me know. Truck has led tail lights and led 3rd brake light. Axles are solid and I am just trying to part out as much as I can.

powerjoke73

Reaction score
.02 over block
pistons
girdle
unknown tranny
truck itself
need to take pics of T4 stuff. Looks like intercooler pipes with V band and bellowed up pipes
Plus the truck itself

Arisley

Reaction score
.02 over block
pistons
girdle
unknown tranny
truck itself
need to take pics of T4 stuff. Looks like intercooler pipes with V band and bellowed up pipes
Plus the truck itself

You are a far better man than I am. If I was in your shoes, I would beat his a$$. Even if it was right in front of the Chief of Police. Even if it meant I had to take two weeks of vacation to take care of the jail time.

I would demand a jury trial and my plea would be not guilty, because he not only deserved it, he was begging for it.

Last edited:

powerjoke73

Reaction score
Insurance company came and hauled the roller shell of my truck away finally. Was a sad day but I'm glad its gone so I am not reminded of it anymore. Got a check in the mail and bought my dads 2000 7.3 off of him. Will prob just build a fun hauler and shoot for 4-500hp in the future. Also found/bought back my first truck, a 1989 7.3 idi lariat that my GPA had given me. He has since passed and I am going to refurbish it in his honor. Even found his towel he used to put on the seat to keep it clean.

Latest posts