2 blown IDMs, after hydra chip install

Dscrant

Reaction score
So the plan after work today. Run all available tests with AE software, buzz test, demand test, then start. Test drive without chip. Shutdown, unplug batteries and remove key, pull PCM, install chip, then repeat initial process... hopefully this works.

Dscrant

Reaction score
Ok.. all good now. I'm guessing there was a bad short somewhere in the old harness. Did some good hard pulls on 3 of the tunes to set the rings. Getting high ICP during the runs, but the tuner can fix that.. The main issue is solved and thanks for all the advice.

Dscrant

Reaction score
Carters Engine and Machine in downtown. They are the only trusted shop in this area. They do offer and advised for balancing, but I didn't. For longevity I should have, but everything looked and mic'd out ok so I didn't bother.. I know balancing can't be measured but everything's looking good so far

Zeb

Reaction score
Carters Engine and Machine in downtown. They are the only trusted shop in this area. They do offer and advised for balancing, but I didn't. For longevity I should have, but everything looked and mic'd out ok so I didn't bother.. I know balancing can't be measured but everything's looking good so far

On a low rpm application like these engines, balancing isn’t really necessary. I wouldn’t stress out about not having done it.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.