exhaust........

MINK

Reaction score
Stacks FTW on a flatbed! ....you can be creative with the hanger to keep the exaust tucked up though...

MossBack

Reaction score
Here is mine. Ill post a picture from under I undercoated the whole thing looks sweet

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1317069042317.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1317069042317.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 34

94.5stroker

Reaction score
Stacks FTW on a flatbed! ....you can be creative with the hanger to keep the exaust tucked up though...

I'm not really a huge stack fan so I prolly will avoid that route, just my opinion but I think it looks kinda tacky on a pickup. Now on a big rig, that's a totally different deal haha....

There really isn't any place to hide it on my flatbed out side of putting it inside the frame rails haha..... Not really sure why I'm so worried about what it looks like cause the pickup is definitely no looker, but I prefer the clean look of a single side exit exhaust something fairly big(4 or 5").

0409011711.jpg

Plus someday I will prolly build a flatbed for it that looks good(hopefully) so I want something that will look good for when/if that time comes.

94.5stroker

Reaction score
Also after looking at the pickup in the pic, I don't really think there would be any good way to do an exhaust exiting in front of the tires...... So I guess that's pretty much out of the picture.

Last edited:

StrokerTurbo7.3

Reaction score
I'm not necessarily wanting to go the cheap route, I would really like to have something that bolts right up to the downpipe, just wasn't sure where if there was one available. I originally figured that my stock with the cat and muffler gone would be plenty, but after putting 4" turbo back on my dad's SD I feel otherwise haha. That was the only thing we changed at the time and driving it from before to after, it felt like a whole new pickup. Now granted he had stock exhaust before so it will prolly be a bigger difference than going from stockish straight pipe to 4". I just feel like the driveability went way up on his pickup (if that makes since) after the exhaust.

So yours is a cat back system, does it mount up to the cat delete pipe then?????? The other reason I don't really wanna go with a set up like Pstroke96's is that mine is a flat bed and all the exhaust is very visible so it prolly wouldn't look as good as his does all tucked away for the most part.

Thanks again guys.

On edit: I will pm Jap to see what he can do when the time comes that I am ready to do something.......
no doubt man. I understand the drivability thing. Just a new exhaust can make it exciting to drive your truck all over again. I had a stack before so there was some flex pipe and about 2' of pipe between the downpipe and stack. The system came with plenty of pipe to connect to the downpipe.

Pstroke96

Reaction score
it took some fandangling to get it the way i wanted it, having a flatbed changes things though another option would be a dump down infront if the axle. it wouldnt be my first choice but its something different. and LOUD LOL

Last edited:

94.5stroker

Reaction score
Now that I have seen better pics of your flatbed, a side exit before the tire would like ugly as hell. Clean side exit or a FTE single stack kit.

Yup that's pretty much the conclusion I've come to...... Prolly a clean side exit 5" behind the rear tire since I'm not a huge stack fan..... but I haven't completely ruled a stack out. Since it is a flat bed I think a stack might not look terrible..... especially the mitre cut black powder coated ones????? I might have to look for some pics running that set up idk.

Latest posts

Members online