e-fuel ?s

davey99ps

Reaction score
So here's what I'm up to, I've ordered a 38gal tank that fits in the stock rear location. I'm going to run a sump off of it to simplify things, plus I want to get rid of the dual tank set-up since my front tanks sending unit doesn't work. I've also picked up 2 napa 4770 filter bases.
Now for my questions, 1st, do you guys think dual SD pumps plumbed parallel will be enough for my 238/100s? Also, since im basically redoing my entire fuel system, should I go with larger line than 3/8, or is that plenty? For my return line, should I stick with 5/16, or go larger?

DZL JIM

Reaction score
If you're still looking for answers, I'd say twin SD pumps would be fine if you get them cheap. Otherwise go with a 044 Bosch.
If you are doing all new lines, go 5/8" from sump to first filter, 5/8" from first filter to pump, then 1/2" supply to motor with 3/8" return back to tank.

davey99ps

Reaction score
Thanks for the help Jim. That pump you recommended, would I run just 1, or do 2? My biggest thing here is reliability, I drive my truck almost daily an don't wanna be sitting on the side of the road anytime soon because of a pump failure.

YoungFordAddict66

Reaction score
With those big of injectors you want two pumps, and for reliability if one fails then you still have one thats running to help you get some where to fix it. and i would also carry an extra pump with you at all times just in case one fails out in the middle of no where.

davey99ps

Reaction score
I just read up on the pump Jim recommended, an it looks like it would flow plenty for my set-up. Also, with it being a Bosch product, I would guess it would be more reliable then some of the other pumps people are running. Although I do also like the idea of dual pumps for a few reasons, 2 pumps don't have to work as hard as a single to maintain pressure, plus if 1 goes out I can still keep on going and replace it at my convenience. Whichever way I go, I'd like to do it right the 1st time so I don't have to go back an re-do everything.
Jim, do you happen to know if that pump has a built-in check ball like the SD pumps do to avoid backfeeding, or would I have to add in-line check-balls?

Latest posts

Members online