How fast is 350-400whp OBS auto?

Tim @ P.I.S.

Reaction score
Reg cab obs 4x4 truck. Stage 2 injectors with a "good" tune will run mid-high 13's all day. Been done many times over. Stock turbo, fuel and hpop.

Last edited:

bruce

Reaction score
I made 450 with 160/100 but it sure as hell wasn't with a stock turbo, hpop or mechanical fuel pump. If you never plan on upgradin fuel or air you're never gonna make serious power and anyone with a tuned anything will walk all over you.

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
Like I said, I know of dozens of guys on the ORG who have stock fuel system running 400-450whp. I wouldn't guess though, as far as hp #'s. A properly setup stage 1/1.5 w/ good tunes makes 350-400whp all day long.

just because people do it doesn't mean its right... guarantee they see a drop in fuel pressure.. oh wait.. these are the guys who prolly aren't running fuel pressure gauges or who have even checked it. they just know they spent 1000-1600 bucks on injectors and it ripps.... for how long??

STROKIN N STYLE

Reaction score
Funny, my old '89 GT foxbody would rip off 8.8 1/8 slips w/ 273's, and not a damn thing on the road could touch it from modded GTO's, modded LT1's, modded ls1's etc.

Hell for that matter, brand new Cobras, new camaros, modded mustangs, a porsche carrera and a laundry list of other cars have trouble touching that 8.8second 1/8 at my local track.

I digress, do a simple google search of "400 hp obs 7.3" and hundreds of threads of people w/ stock fuel, stock turbo, and stage 1-stage 1.5 injectors with good tuning are pulling 380-420whp all day long in these OBS trucks.

Beans himself said he'll give me a good 400hp hot tune w/ some stage 1.5's.
Cars must be slow as hell in your area. There are many many street cars running mid 6's around me. If your running an 8.8, don't challenge anyone at the track that day, not even the little 4 cylinder Honda sitting to the side, your feelings will get hurt

mattman347

Reaction score
My CC OBS ran a 9.1 with stage 1's a few years ago, I was able to get it down to a 8.7 with stage 2's and a D-66. With stage 2's you can be over 400 RWHP, although I have not personally done that with my truck and stock fuel, I did do 415ish it with an electric fuel system and healthy HPOP.

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Hey, can some one point me too a Beans Dyno thread?
Sounds like a good read.

Actually its an excellent read:
http://powerstrokenation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35688

Kind of like the guys wigh 3v cars who go out and run mid 14's, and trap 95mph, while i go run 2 seconds faster, and a **** hair shy of 15mph faster. But i guess its just a freak as it ran 13.8@104 on a 2.4 60' bone stock. My ole '91 gt which was lowered on 17's went 13.3@101 with 3.73's, nittos, exhaust (stock manifolds), and thats it. And trust me, it got ran on a lot back in the day, another 400rwhp got thrown at it, and that story changed. In the day and age where Hyundai is making a 450hp family sedan, 14's and 13's are just sad.

My car wasn't stock, but was def good for a mid 12second pass.

I agree there's cars new putting down decent hp, I'm just curious to know what a 350-400whp obs will do. I've got plenty of options for fast other than an 8k+lb work truck :D

Ps, my buddy with a 331 stroker and all Edelbrock everything was super butthurt when his top dollar fox ran neck and neck with my junkyard parts 5.0

Reg cab obs 4x4 truck. Stage 2 injectors with a "good" tune will run mid-high 13's all day. Been done many times over. Stock turbo, fuel and hpop.

Cars must be slow as hell in your area. There are many many street cars running mid 6's around me. If your running an 8.8, don't challenge anyone at the track that day, not even the little 4 cylinder Honda sitting to the side, your feelings will get hurt

Perhaps? There's some nasty evos and a few l trucks and otr cars running 8.8 or faster, but believe me the list isn't very big unless we're talking the big boys with FI and slicks.

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I've seen 450whp off stock fuel/turbo/oil but some fat ass sticks, but those turbos typically (and I say typically because its hit or miss) don't last terribly long.

Cat_rebel

Reaction score
So if you clearly know what you're talking about, why are you asking us for advice? Thread after thread you shoot down anyone that doesn't agree with your research & background knowledge. If you know how to build something & want it done "your" way then go do it. Don't ask us for permission or tell people that they "just don't understand" when they tell you why they wouldn't do it "your" way.
If you know how much HP you are making & what your weight is then you can use the HP calculator we have to get a rough idea. Link here

TERRCO

Reaction score
All the money I've wasted on electric fuel and an Adrenaline and.......................
All this time I should have left it stock!

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
85_305
What is your rational behind going with bigger sticks but staying with the cam driven fuel pump and not intercooling it?

Lowdown89

Reaction score
So if you clearly know what you're talking about, why are you asking us for advice? Thread after thread you shoot down anyone that doesn't agree with your research & background knowledge. If you know how to build something & want it done "your" way then go do it. Don't ask us for permission or tell people that they "just don't understand" when they tell you why they wouldn't do it "your" way.
If you know how much HP you are making & what your weight is then you can use the HP calculator we have to get a rough idea. Link here

:whs:

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score

Please show anywhere in my first post where I asked for some form of advice? Asking a question is not the same as asking advice. In fact, in my first post I even said "hypothetically speaking" there is a 350-400whp OBS, I never, ever, ever once said "I am building a 350-450whp OBS" in my first post.

Thanks for the link.

Pretty close that calculator seems to be. Drivetrain loss seems a tad off, or my car is efficient as fawk lol. 325rw/350fw lmao.

Ya 20% is pretty high. 15-17% parasitical drivetrain loss is a bit closer.

85_305
What is your rational behind going with bigger sticks but staying with the cam driven fuel pump and not intercooling it?

Because it can be done, its terribly safe, and will give me the boost in towing power that I need.

All the money I've wasted on electric fuel and an Adrenaline and.......................
All this time I should have left it stock!

well, no... nobody said anything is a "waste" per se, just not needed for 400whp. All depends in what you do. These 15* pumps are just fine for stage II hybrid injectors and smaller. If your mechanical fuel pump holds fuel pressure, there's no reason for a bigger pump. I've seen a few dynos where with stage II hybrid injectors and smaller, the actual gain in HP was only 10whp. Granted, 10whp is 10whp, but thats hardly worth the cost or effort in my opinion.

Sweet Christ, people, its not hard to go to google and find 400whp OBS trucks. In fact, one guy in Cali (cant remember his name) was making like 380whp on stock EXHAUST and intake and fuel on some stage II's nearly 10 years ago!

Last edited:

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
if it works and it works steadily for 10+ years, then I dont mind being "wrong".

Strokersace

Reaction score
GOOGLE...

Everything on there is 100% true with factual data to back it up.

Come on guys!! We all know that if it can be found on the internet, then it must be true.

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Not always, but its easy enough to cross-referance :thumbup:

Members online

No members online now.