Painting my motor.. Need tips!

Powerstrokeracing

Reaction score
So my motor is out, and I plan on painting it while it's out! So who has done this and what paint schemes do you go with?? I'm wanting to stick to just 2 colors. Y'all got any pics?

Also, what kinda paint do you all reccomend? Any brands I should avoid in particular? Thanks!

Lowdown89

Reaction score
Mine was painted gloss black, and while it's super clean I suggest going with a silver or light gray because if you ever have to check on leaks it's hard to see with dark colors

Powerstrokeracing

Reaction score
I was thinking about that... I was thinking about maybe a lighter blue and black compliments, or silver with red compliments.

samoht517

Reaction score
Ive used the duplicolor ceramic engine enamel and it seems to hold up pretty well. Personally I like blue or orange for color or keep it simple black or grey

buschpoweredstroker

Reaction score
i did IH red block, black pan, and black heads... I like it cause it's not so bright you have to scrub it to keep it looking clean, but it's bright enough that you'll know if you have a leak.

Tom S

Reaction score
Seems to me Bean did a really cool looking yellow and black motor a while back.

Powerstrokeracing

Reaction score
Does anyone got any pics? I really wanna do black but I feel like I would regret it if looking for a leak.. If anything I'd do the block a bright color and black compliments... I wanna do something diffrent :D

chromehound

Reaction score
Mines school bus or maybe even a CAT yellow, it was that way when I bought it and it shows every leak.
enginetag-1.jpg

gpr.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDGCwjguyWY&feature=related

MAC

Reaction score
That dark blue looks really good.

I painted my old IDI engine lime green, and it looked really good for the short time it was in, but it got dirty fast.

Latest posts

Members online