exhaust........

94.5stroker

Reaction score
So did any of you guys go the cheap route the first time with your exhaust and just put a dp and deleted the cat and muffler then decide that you wanted bigger? I wanna go 4" and I understand that I can't get the 4" dp without a body lift or major firewall mods, but are there kits that go from the dp back like with an adapter from 3-4". I have seen turbo back kits that state that the dp is 3" then the rest is 4", so does someone make a kit that is strictly for adapting to a 3" dp? I'm just curious cause I got a 3" dp and I would rather not buy a whole turbo back exhaust and have two......

Thanks in advance

MossBack

Reaction score
Magnaflow has a dp back kit. But when I purchased my mbrp kit it was less for Turbo back then the magnaflow. I save money where I can and I did that day.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Russ

Reaction score
I'd just get a SS turbo back system, then sell your down pipe to someone who wants one.

94.5stroker

Reaction score
Not all of them , I bought my reducers from a big truck supply on my first 97 .

Yeah the local exhaust shop where I'm from can't do over 3" thought it was weird, other wise I would prolly just have him make me a 3"-4" or 3"-5" and just go out in front of the tire to keep it cheap.

Pstroke96

Reaction score
i bought everything but the dp and tip at napa to do mine, i have a 3-4 then a 4-5 adapter then 5 inch from there back dumped infront of the tire

DieselFreak92

Reaction score
i bought everything but the dp and tip at napa to do mine, i have a 3-4 then a 4-5 adapter then 5 inch from there back dumped infront of the tire

I am doing this soon except I am using the pipe from my Diamond eye 5 inch and cutting and welding it how I want. Pstroke96 I know you have pics of it under your truck.. Care to share?

Pstroke96

Reaction score
LOL im always willing to :postwhore: pics of my truck, here ya go!

023-1.jpg

021-2.jpg

020.jpg

018-1.jpg

StrokerTurbo7.3

Reaction score
Crap I forgot pics. I got a cat back exhaust system in 5" and a 6" tip for around $320. It came with plenty of extra pipe on my single cab.

94.5stroker

Reaction score
LOL im always willing to :postwhore: pics of my truck, here ya go!

Looks good man! Now I can't decide I'm kinda on the fence....... I really only wanna do this once so I guess I need to decide if I want it to always be in front of the tire just to save money now, or just wait till I can afford a decent turbo back setup and just try to sell the dp..... Thanks man, I do like the side exhaust though hmmmmmmmmm?

MINK

Reaction score
dude an exaust is like 200 bucks without downpipe...I must be missing something, dont do the hack job 17 year old obs exaust like every other kid.

MossBack

Reaction score
dude an exaust is like 200 bucks without downpipe...I must be missing something, dont do the hack job 17 year old obs exaust like every other kid.

Exactly! Well put I got my 4" mbrp Turbo back with tip for 300. Shipped

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

94.5stroker

Reaction score

Well actually that's basically what my first post was about looking for a an exhaust system that would bolt up directly to my 3" down pipe without having to get an adapter and what not...... plus I figured that it would be cheaper to buy a kit that didn't have a downpipe..... in theory it should be $100 less since that's how much a dp is, but I know that isn't how the world works unfortunately

on edit..... I should say that isn't how the world usually works haha

StrokerTurbo7.3

Reaction score
Hopefully these pics will alter your decision to cheap out on this set up. Believe me when I say this, do it right the first time and you like it otherwise you will change your exhaust set up three times like I have.:doh:

5" diamond eye cat back exhaust into a 6" MBRP tip. I have a diamond eye DP and all it took was a reducer to mate the pipes together. You can't see it either because i'm pretty sure it's hidden by a skid plate or something of that sort. If you want to do it right and look good PM Jap. HE WILL SET YOU UP RIGHT!

308965_10150275814863525_653483524_7852868_5385357_n.jpg

6107510038_624b3422b9_z.jpg

6107511172_41c92b8658_z.jpg

6107513048_ac41bd761a_z.jpg

94.5stroker

Reaction score
Hopefully these pics will alter your decision to cheap out on this set up. Believe me when I say this, do it right the first time and you like it otherwise you will change your exhaust set up three times like I have.:doh:

5" diamond eye cat back exhaust into a 6" MBRP tip. I have a diamond eye DP and all it took was a reducer to mate the pipes together. You can't see it either because i'm pretty sure it's hidden by a skid plate or something of that sort. If you want to do it right and look good PM Jap. HE WILL SET YOU UP RIGHT!

I'm not necessarily wanting to go the cheap route, I would really like to have something that bolts right up to the downpipe, just wasn't sure where if there was one available. I originally figured that my stock with the cat and muffler gone would be plenty, but after putting 4" turbo back on my dad's SD I feel otherwise haha. That was the only thing we changed at the time and driving it from before to after, it felt like a whole new pickup. Now granted he had stock exhaust before so it will prolly be a bigger difference than going from stockish straight pipe to 4". I just feel like the driveability went way up on his pickup (if that makes since) after the exhaust.

So yours is a cat back system, does it mount up to the cat delete pipe then?????? The other reason I don't really wanna go with a set up like Pstroke96's is that mine is a flat bed and all the exhaust is very visible so it prolly wouldn't look as good as his does all tucked away for the most part.

Thanks again guys.

On edit: I will pm Jap to see what he can do when the time comes that I am ready to do something.......