Weird pop noise on inclines

stevens6.7

Reaction score
So I've noticed this "popping" type of noise if I'm turning right into a driveway or sometimes around a corner. Any ideas of what it could be? Stock rancho shocks with 35" tires on stock wheels.

sootie

Reaction score
So I've noticed this "popping" type of noise if I'm turning right into a driveway or sometimes around a corner. Any ideas of what it could be? Stock rancho shocks with 35" tires on stock wheels.

Could be seized axle u-joint. could be a coil spring not seated fully against the lower rest. Could be failing body mounts.

stevens6.7

Reaction score
Could be seized axle u-joint. could be a coil spring not seated fully against the lower rest. Could be failing body mounts.

Would it matter the truck only has 46K miles? I feel like it started after a trip to NTB to get a tire repaired.

sootie

Reaction score
Would it matter the truck only has 46K miles? I feel like it started after a trip to NTB to get a tire repaired.
I would immediately check lug nut torque then.

Also check to make sure your 4x4 hubs are unlocked.

stevens6.7

Reaction score
I would immediately check lug nut torque then.

Also check to make sure your 4x4 hubs are unlocked.

I will double check the lug nuts! Hopefully they didn't touch my hubs it was on the driver side rear! Thanks for the advice Sootie!

StrokedKR

Reaction score
Cab bushings have rotted out, lower section of bushing has deteriorated, bolt washer hitting frame when frame flexes.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Wow. With only 46k then it would be odd for any of this to be an issue.. i would lean towards ball joints myself but again, that would be odd.. maybe trac bar bolt is lose.

live life full throttle

stevens6.7

Reaction score
Well it seems like it's coming more from the drivers side rear as that was the tire that was taken off and repaired. The heaviest I've had in the bed was about 2 cubic yards of bank sand and I don't have a goose neck hitch either for what its' worth.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Well it seems like it's coming more from the drivers side rear as that was the tire that was taken off and repaired. The heaviest I've had in the bed was about 2 cubic yards of bank sand and I don't have a goose neck hitch either for what its' worth.
Id be checking lug nuts for sure then!!!

live life full throttle

stevens6.7

Reaction score
Id be checking lug nuts for sure then!!!

live life full throttle

Lug nuts were good, took the wheel off to see if I could see anything loose. No luck, but I did shake the truck side to side and the noise was more audible on the drivers side verses the passenger side.

brown1

Reaction score
had similar kick my ass for a while and ended up being my shocks were blown. so bad they were actually rattling. i must have bottomed them out is all i can come up with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk