13 Platinum s363

NMSVT

Reaction score
So i ended up installing the midwest comp trans, s363, and a 15+ HPFP. Tyrant is the tuning i went with. So far so good. Love my setup! The lag sucks on the low end (especially at 7k+ elevation) but when boost kicks in.... it pulls like a train!

So couple questions for you guys..
I need some good traction bars, any recommendations?

How much power you guys estimate with my setup? I will be going to the Dyno to see how much power it’s picked up. My guess would be 520/900. I’ll update as soon as I take it.

Gonna go to the track tomorrow. Any guess what it will do? I’m guessing at least low 14s maybe high 13s... my goal is a 13. I’ll update tomorrow. I was supposed to take my Lightning with it’s new setup. I went back to a supercharger, 2.3 Whipple to be exact. It’s down now because of a KIA magnafuel 750 in-line pump.

So what do you guys think?

sootie

Reaction score
OUO bars hands down. Don't even consider anything else. Jared can hook you up.

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
One up off-road bars. I think you should make more than that. That's about what a stock 15 makes with intake exhaust

NMSVT

Reaction score
One up off-road bars. I think you should make more than that. That's about what a stock 15 makes with intake exhaust

I hope you are right. My end goal is 600/1000. If i cant get close to that, ill plan on swapping turbo or maybe add a dual fueler.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
should make 575-600 depending on dyno and truck setup .

NMSVT

Reaction score
Track results

So I went to the track... happy with my first run!

Reaction: 1.89 LOL (First time NON-VGT boost launch)
60’: 1.86
1/4 ET: 13.56 at 97MPH.

Not bleeding edge but there was some sting rays doing 13.5s and a CTS V coupe did a 13.3.... just saying....

I had a little trouble the first run with the tree and brake boosting. Took awhile to build boost but then boost wanted to kick in like a raped ape! I have bad tires in the rear, so had some wheel spin even in 4HI. On one launch it bucked bad... to much boost and big indication it needs traction bars ASAP.

What you guys think now about power wise? What’s next to get me in the 12.xx LOL I know $$$ for sure

Attachments

• 8D7FE3BD-8F01-4782-A075-7257746A47DC.jpg
    8D7FE3BD-8F01-4782-A075-7257746A47DC.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 82

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I have the long box version of your truck. I have OUO adaptable length traction bars and they make a world of difference. They are amazing! Takes every bit of the floppy sloppy rear axle away and locks it solid without messing with ride quality.

Not saying other brands dont as i have always had diy traction bars in the past but what everyone races about it spot on.

live life full throttle

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
So I went to the track... happy with my first run!

Reaction: 1.89 LOL (First time NON-VGT boost launch)
60’: 1.86
1/4 ET: 13.56 at 97MPH.

Not bleeding edge but there was some sting rays doing 13.5s and a CTS V coupe did a 13.3.... just saying....

I had a little trouble the first run with the tree and brake boosting. Took awhile to build boost but then boost wanted to kick in like a raped ape! I have bad tires in the rear, so had some wheel spin even in 4HI. On one launch it bucked bad... to much boost and big indication it needs traction bars ASAP.

What you guys think now about power wise? What’s next to get me in the 12.xx LOL I know $$$ for sure

either a drop in exergy pump or dual fuelers will get you there for sure. you may get into the 12's with a 15 pump , but that's iffy . what altitude is the track ?

Last edited:

NMSVT

Reaction score
either a drop in exergy pump or dual fuelers will get you there for sure. you may get into the 12's with a 15 pump , but that's iffy . what altitude is the track ?

Just dual fuelers? Or turbo upgrade as well?

Track elevation is 5300’

NMSVT

Reaction score
dont you already have the 363 ? if so thats enough for 600 .

Yes I do have the 363. As you had mentioned, you are thinking I’m already around say 575-600hp. That’s with my stock 15+ pump. What does the 15+ pump max out at usually? If with dual fueler and my current turbo you think I can probably make a 12.xx pass (with traction bars and good tires for sure) then I might just start looking for a dual fueler. So basically is the dual fueler enough to get me to a 12.xx pass? I’ll have to look into what the 363 can handle

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
Nice truck! Have you towed anything with it to see how it handles a load? Also how do you like the tyrant tuning for the transmission?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online