05 conversions are overrated.

Cory@RPHC

Reaction score
crystalstruck.jpg

here's a current picture of my truck( the hood's painted now, but the whole truck is being resprayed in black at the current moment ).

And now im saving up for an 08 conversion....looks sick

moose99psd

Reaction score
honestly if your fenders are messed up....go 08 or even 11? it didn't cost me very much at all to convert to the 08 body style at all....I went with a cervinis cowl induction hood afterward( which I wish I had gone that route first, now I can't get rid of my stock hood lol so it wasted about 300 bucks!!! )...but with the cervinis hood, aftermarket grille, fenders and everything ( INCLUDING PAINT ) I'm sitting a little over 2400 dollars.

the parts you need for the conversion are:
08 bumper and mounts
foglights( if you want them )
grille
grille support-left
grille support-right
wiper cowl
fender-right
fender-left
nameplate ( f250, f350, f450, f550, billet badges ) ( Left and right )
lower side vents ( left and right )
hood support-left
hood support-right
headlight-left
headlight-right
hood ( your choice )

that's pretty much all the parts you need. your truck looks good now though!

Chad

is the conversion just "bolt on" or is there some fab to be done?

Tonka350

Reaction score
you have to modify the frame horns and where the headlights sit as well as fabricate fender spacers...there's quite some fabrication involved but it's all EASY fab work and if you're dedicated it takes no time at all ( I did mine in a 14 hour stretch ).

Chad

Donnie1

Reaction score
Just out of curiousity, is converting a 99 up to, let's say an 02-07 strictly a bolt on conversion or is there bodywork/fabrication that needs to be done? A buddy has a 99 and wants to do a conversion. Provided he can find the parts cheap enough.

Donnie1

Reaction score
Thanks. I was doing some research on Rockauto and the fenders have th same part # from 99 thru at least 07.

Tonka350

Reaction score
everything but the headlights are the same up to 02. they changed the headerpanel, grille, bumper, headlights in 05 ( 04 if you have an excursion ). and the fenders and hood never changed until 08.

Chad

Latest posts

Members online